• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Customs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our stickers have also been held up. Website shows purchase is being processed. Called then to verify they said 6 weeks from order to delivery. Order your decals as early as possible. Fortunately not SUPPOSED to leave the country til March.

Last year, Laredo let us use the receipt as proof that we had payed our user fee. I had called and prearranged that. If you don't get your decal, give the local office a call and see what they say.

ksu aviator is correct. Had a friend just return from the islands. Customs allowed him to use his proof of payment.

Can you purchase these stickers faster by visiting the office? What happens if you dont have one when you are re-entering the US?

The decal is a proof of payment of Customs user fees for the year. I think if you show up without one you will have to pay the fee at that time.

Anyone played with eAPIS. Making a manifest is a joke. It has to be .xml file conforming to their xml schema. In laymans terms, you have to have software or be good with .xml reading. I'm just not that sharp.

Anyone played with eAPIS. Making a manifest is a joke. It has to be .xml file conforming to their xml schema. In laymans terms, you have to have software or be good with .xml reading. I'm just not that sharp.

I'm playing with it right now, and I am able to enter the information via the website. No xml required. I think the xml is for advanced users.

There is one serious flaw with the system. There is no way of making changes unless you can get on a computer. Fat lot of good that will do me in Mexico where internet service is spotty and many airports don't have internet.

BTW, Laredo (my favorite place to go) has told me that pilot's should still fill out the 178. So, nothing has changed except you have to get online before you cross the border. You still have to call. You still have to file a Customs Notification Flight Plan. You still have to have the 178. You still have to have the passenger fill out a personal decleration. Couldn't all of this have been solved by just requiring pilots to fax the Form 178 instead of just walking in with it?

Ours came in over the weekend finally. 7 weeks start to finish. Now for this Apis business.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back