• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Congress tries to block Flag-of-Convenience model for Norwegian Longhaul

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hilarious now that the majors are facing a threat but don't mind what's occurring at the regionals. Crazy industry.

post from FI:

Originally Posted by
And what is the reason that we are still paid poverty level wages at the regionals?
ALPA

Our leader is in bed with management. He is now toast. If we can get a real leader, regional pilot pay should double or more.
The fearless stand of our regional pilots in rejecting pathetic contracts is paving the way to restoring our profession.
Let's keep up the pressure.
30 year Delta captain.
I have sympathy for the pilots at regionals but the bottomline is that they/you agreed to work for that wage. If they/you refused, the wages would have to come up.

So while there is blame to be thrown at the majors for past mistakes, the regional pilots share the blame as much as anyone. You're not victims.

Where was alpa two decades ago when they easily rolled over on scope. That immediately benefitted the select few at the vaunted majors. It is impressive to see moak making impassioned speeches on the hill, and the rest of alpa lobbying like their lives are on the line. Where was alpa on the issue of scope when it came up?

fvcking A bubba... good deal. Let's hope the lib senate doesn't pull some crap... the way our government is sold out to big business you never know until the end. But a good sign was the unaminous vote... shows good promise. We'll take this as a victory for now.

tailhookah

This bill was overwhelmingly bipartisan and those that voted to pass it were R and not D. It only has a 28% chance of passing the D controlled Senate and D President. So, this fight is far from over. Check your rep and how they voted for the bill. What we are happy about is an amendment to this bill.
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/113-2014/h297#

I have sympathy for the pilots at regionals but the bottomline is that they/you agreed to work for that wage. If they/you refused, the wages would have to come up.

So while there is blame to be thrown at the majors for past mistakes, the regional pilots share the blame as much as anyone. You're not victims.

True about the wages Jim. We did know and voted/agreed. But now mgt keeps coming back for more and even more concessions, especially at Amer Eagle/Envoy. So three pilot groups have voted NO on TAs and are now losing their (previously yours) flying or possibly being phased out. A good thing if the flying returns to the majors. Hopefully that occurs and many of us can get there. Not looking for sympathy, just pointing out how ALPA has failed many, at the regionals and at the majors.

Like you don't know....Bill.

Freebrd-

What's one got to do with the other?

I've been as inciteful and aggressive in challenging alpa and individual MEC votes as anyone on this forum and I see NO BENEFIT for ANY pilot, to discounting this battle with NAI.

Can you check how your rep voted on a voice vote? Also why would pro labor dems not support ALPA on this issue?

Can you check how your rep voted on a voice vote? Also why would pro labor dems not support ALPA on this issue?

They probably would but often pilots alienate themselves politically.
We are an enemy to republicans in a highly paid union worker, and dens just don't care BECAUSE WE DONT VOTE FOR THEM!

Imagine that, our vote does have consequences for us...:rolleyes:

That said, ALPA's affiliation with the AFL-CIO helps tremendously with dems

Like you don't know....Bill.

Freebrd.....

I am not sure what the problem is. A regional job was never a career in this business. It was a time builder so a pilot could apply to the major airlines where the big money existed. True or not....

That being said, every large airline is hiring pilots. Every one of them...so get your stuff out there and good luck.

Thanks Bill, for being civil. Believe me most of us have our stuff out there. Have a good one!

Freebrd.....

I am not sure what the problem is. A regional job was never a career in this business. It was a time builder so a pilot could apply to the major airlines where the big money existed. True or not....

That being said, every large airline is hiring pilots. Every one of them...so get your stuff out there and good luck.

If you outsource half your domestic flying and go the better part of 10-15 years without hiring bc you have all the new flying away- some pilots will have to make it a career bill.

Look in the mirror a little.

But if you're an RJ pilot- very few will benefit if you try and make it a career.
You'll be starting over at some point- put your stuff out

Latest resources

Back