US Airways/United code share.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

schmooze

Greetings all! I'm not sure whether or not this particular subject has been covered or not, but I wanted to hear anybody's insight on this matter.

In the wake of the US/HP merger, how will the code between UAIR and UAL be affected? Will management still honor it, or will it be eliminated considering the fact that the merger gives both airlines more strength and coverage service-wise?

It has been said that initially, the main idea for the code share was implemented so UAIR could sell more seats on flights in the west and so United could penetrate more markets on the east coast and in the mid-atlantic regions and of course so both airlines could help each other generate more revenue.

Has anyone heard how the merger will affect the future of the UAIR/UAL code share? I am just curious to see if anyone has an insight on what will happen.

Schmooze:)

I've heard the code share is history. Still part of the star alliance though.

I too heard the codeshare will be phased out. I wonder what this will do to UAL's bottom line, and if they were planning for this in their BK exit strategy.

The US codeshare was messing up merger talks between Continental and United. Therefore, it is finished.

:uzi::nuts:

Latest resources

Back