• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to start accepting apps.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Sgt. Shultz! "I see nothing......I know nothing! But I wasn't there then...." But, you knew about it all when wanting to interview there.

OYS

What in the hell is the point of your post? You hold people responsible for things that happened before they arrived? I bet you a big supporter of slavery reparations. Do you pine for your 40 acres and a mule?

You would be a happier person if you enacted a bit more discretion and used more rational thought in creating your list of hated pilots, me thinks.

Last edited:
Not taking sides but.. Can a new hire bid both east and west vacancies when open?

Within each class, yes, by DOB. The west slots will be taken by furloughed west pilots until there are none. The west has much fewer new slot openings and more than 75 furloughs.

Summary - Going west is not likely, and not an option if you are hired east.

400 people have applied as of yesterday. Only hiring for the 190. No airbus positions.

I find that surprising. There are a lot of open positions on the airbus and those folks have to come from somewhere.

400 people have applied as of yesterday. Only hiring for the 190. No airbus positions.

Doubt that is true... There are 52 open slots and only 23 on the 190... So you think the will WAYYY over-staff the 190 and leave the other equipment short where they will cancel flights? They ran out of FO's in CLT on the Airbus at 9:30am 2 days ago... they are real thin most days in CLT on the Airbus, I would imagine most other bases are the same, although I have never looked...

What people need to understand is the 190 is the airplane you want to start on. Through a strange quirk you will most likely make more money the first year than you would on the 737 or bus. Also, if things start moving fast you will quickly get off reserve. I've stayed on the airplane a bit longer than some people my seniority since I commute and this month, for example, I work 12 days. Also seem to get a very high amount of trips bought (had three or four already this month).

What people need to understand is the 190 is the airplane you want to start on. Through a strange quirk you will most likely make more money the first year than you would on the 737 or bus. Also, if things start moving fast you will quickly get off reserve. I've stayed on the airplane a bit longer than some people my seniority since I commute and this month, for example, I work 12 days. Also seem to get a very high amount of trips bought (had three or four already this month).

Yeah speaking of that, Get Back To Work You Slacker ; )

Within each class, yes, by DOB. The west slots will be taken by furloughed west pilots until there are none. The west has much fewer new slot openings and more than 75 furloughs.

Summary - Going west is not likely, and not an option if you are hired east.

So, I get the 190 CLT (hired east) can I go west when I can hold a West Vacancy?

Latest resources

Back