• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US AIRWAYS says 2009 profit is possible

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a way it is. And that's exactly what the company was offering over a year and a half ago; AWA rates plus 3 percent. Needless to say the 3 percent increase wasn't gonna fly with us. The sad part is that no matter what's negotiated paywise (if it gets negotiated at all) it will benefit the easties more that it will the west just by virtue of the fact that their pay is so abysmal to start with. Being paired up with those guys is like carrying dead weight uphill. By the way thanks for PM'ing me the RC info a few weeks ago. Appreciate it...

PHXFLYR:cool:

For the most part I agree with you here, PHXF. This is one reason why we must keep Doug Mowrey out of USAPA! He was on the ALPA JNC and has much to do with what ended up being the Kirby proposal. Since a lot of you are non members, you might not have seen Doug's campaign e-mails, but his take on the membership out here is that most of us are saying "jeeze, 20% raise? Where do I sign?" No kidding, he said that "where do I sign."

He's an idiot, he is a sell out, and he's very out of touch with the membership. Still, he's popular amongst the uninformed here in eastville. Unfortunately, and this won't surprise any of you here on FI, there are a lot of stupid east pilots :) There, I said it... who think a contract and a 20% raise is just around the corner if only they get "let's play nice with management Doug Mowrey" in the seat.

I know most of you hate me and everything my stupid group has done since we got married in 2005, but I urge you, anyone with a vote, to research Doug Mowrey and his "play nice" reputation and see for yourself. Look into what your own rep Brice says about him. Then, VOTE FOR: MIKE CLEARY!!!!!

No matter what the courts decide, we had better remember who our top enemy is: Parker, Kirby, Hogg, Bular, et al.

Last edited:
Not correct. Get your facts straight.

Your correct. But out of 3200 pilots over there; there is only a very small percentage of their pilots who will ever see those 757/A330 rates you allude to in your post. What's more beneficial ? Negotiate a new contract that will increase pay and quality of life for every east pilot, regardless of the seat they sit in , or continue this Mexican Standoff and allow only the chosen few to advance at the expense of others both east and west ?

For the most part I agree with you here, PHXF. This is one reason why we must keep Doug Mowrey out of USAPA! He was on the ALPA JNC and has much to do with what ended up being the Kirby proposal. Since a lot of you are non members, you might not have seen Doug's campaign e-mails, but his take on the membership out here is that most of us are saying "jeeze, 20% raise? Where do I sign?" No kidding, he said that "where do I sign."

He's an idiot, he is a sell out, and he's very out of touch with the membership. Still, he's popular amongst the uninformed here in eastville. Unfortunately, and this won't surprise any of you here on FI, there are a lot of stupid east pilots :) There, I said it... who think a contract and a 20% raise is just around the corner if only they get "let's play nice with management Doug Mowrey" in the seat.

I know most of you hate me and everything my stupid group has done since we got married in 2005, but I urge you, anyone with a vote, to research Doug Mowrey and his "play nice" reputation and see for yourself. Look into what your own rep Brice says about him. Then, VOTE FOR: MIKE CLEARY!!!!!

No matter what the courts decide, we had better remember who our top enemy is: Parker, Kirby, Hogg, Bular, et al.

Your spot-on in your assesment of who our enemy is. But I'm here to tell you USAPA isn't the vehicle to fight them with . We had a hard enough time securing what little gains we got in our current contact and that was with using resources provided by ALPA ,whose pockets are political connections are a lot more extensive than anything USAPA can muster regardless of who's at the helm. But if you guys think this is the way to go, don't let me stand in your way :rolleyes: .

As for Cleary vs Mowery, I don't have a dog in this fight,if you know what I mean. But I will tell you this much . Cleary's hatred for all things west is well- known and well-documented in PHX. If he should win you can count on complete gridlock as far as USAPA being able to get anything accomplished and that includes any sort of payraise for your guys. Most guys I've spoken with out here, including the few USAPA members in good standing ( a very few, I might add ) say they will not support Cleary in any way, shape of form and if that means finishing their career under our current working agreement, "than so be it"; as one Captain told me the other day.

It seems you guys have dug yourself one hell of a hole. It's going to be somewhat entertaining watching all of you trying to dig yourself out of it. Good luck ..and "Be Careful" who you vote for.;)

Last edited:

In the words of my 13 year old niece .............. " Well, DUH ???!!!?? " ;)

He's an idiot, he is a sell out, and he's very out of touch with the membership. Still, he's popular amongst the uninformed here in eastville.

Yeah, Vive a la revolution. Let me know how that's workin' out for ya.

The first enemy that must be defeated is USAPA. Once that is dealt with we can focus in moving forward.

USAPA brought all this pain on themselves. A simple compromise during the negotiations phase of seniority integration would have benefitted all parties. Now you think electing another dope too proud to admit he screwed up is going to solve anything? (PS- I'm aware that technically USAPA was not a party to negotiations. The same people who directed the actions of the AAAMEC through their action or inaction are the same people empowering USAPA to employ their "have another drink, and drive faster" strategy at running a union.

No, the entire pulled-pork politburo in CLT needs to be shown the door and a new union governing body committed to equal east and west participation needs to be installed. Failing that, a return to ALPA with significant apologies by Prater for failing to carry out his duty.

Last edited:
US Air just announced that it made a profit! On the PHL crewroom vending machine.

Not correct. Get your facts straight.

What is the 12 year A320/737 CA rate? According to Airlinepilotcentral it is 125/hr. In my book that is FO pay. What does a 12 year SWA CA make? Roughly 200/hr? Throw in some terrible work rules and you have a mesa-type contract...

What is the 12 year A320/737 CA rate? According to Airlinepilotcentral it is 125/hr. In my book that is FO pay. What does a 12 year SWA CA make? Roughly 200/hr? Throw in some terrible work rules and you have a mesa-type contract...

Well a 12 Year SWA Captain makes more then a United 777 Captain and about the same as a Delta 777 Captain. So whats your point?

Latest resources

Back