• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grandpa +65

US Airways says 2009 profit is possible

By, Joshua Freed - Mar. 24, 2009 11:17 AM
Associated Press

TEMPE, Ariz. -- An executive at US Airways Group Inc. says his carrier could turn a profit this year even if passenger revenue falls 15 percent.
President Scott Kirby says the capacity cuts and lower fuel prices could offset the drop in revenue per available seat mile, or the money the airline collects for each seat it flew one mile.
The airline may get a chance to test its belief that it can be profitable even with such a revenue drop. The International Air Transport Association says worldwide airline revenues will fall 12 percent this year.
Kirby also repeated an earlier statement that passenger bookings appear to have bottomed out in mid-February. While about as many passengers are flying, they're getting deep discounts on their tickets.

BWAHA.......BWAHAHA........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah. Right.

All that money they're saving by not having a joint contract and all....I guess it's possible.

Oh goodie....that mean's my goon friends at...er I mean "good" friends at USAPA can get me a nice big pay raise.

PHXFLYR

PHX, the real kick in the ass for you westies must be that to just renew your contract would be a noice pay raise for the Bottom of the Barrel Bunch out East.

PHX, the real kick in the ass for you westies must be that to just renew your contract would be a noice pay raise for the Bottom of the Barrel Bunch out East.

Why would the east agree to a contract that costs them hundreds of numbers and years of longevity when they can just keep it seperate and make more money on upgrades.

Why would the east agree to a contract that costs them hundreds of numbers and years of longevity when they can just keep it seperate and make more money on upgrades.

because they won't make more money. Top of scale A320CA is only $125/hr. That is fo pay. Not to mention the horrendous work rules and quality of life.

In a way it is. And that's exactly what the company was offering over a year and a half ago; AWA rates plus 3 percent. Needless to say the 3 percent increase wasn't gonna fly with us. The sad part is that no matter what's negotiated paywise (if it gets negotiated at all) it will benefit the easties more that it will the west just by virtue of the fact that their pay is so abysmal to start with. Being paired up with those guys is like carrying dead weight uphill. By the way thanks for PM'ing me the RC info a few weeks ago. Appreciate it...

PHXFLYR:cool:

Because sooner or later , the upgrades will stop . And those that didn't advance to the left seat will still be stuck with miserable pay ,workrules,etc. As a matter of fact, those that do manage to secure an upgrade will still be stuck with miserable pay, work rules ,etc. But if that's what floats their boat over there,don't let me stand in their way.:rolleyes: Long live LOA 93... !!

:beer:

PHXFLYR :cool:

Latest resources

Back