• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Careful on what guys are saying now on what they are flying on rsv. Staffing seems to be a little "fat" right now. A few years ago, rsv's were flying a crap load. (not timing out, but being used every day for piddly crap) Might have been lucky to get an extra 1 or 2 days off a month in addition to normal scheduled days. From looking at the rsv screens, it seems it's staffed closer to what rsv life should be like, but some mid lvl manager will get a hair up his ass and decide staffing should change again or something....

I'm starting to think the slow times for reserves may be drawing to a close as the weather gets nicer. I've been transitioned from Long to Short twice in the past month, that hasn't happened since September. Looking at the list it looks like the Shorts are going from flying about 10 hours per month to something like 40-50 last month. Last summer was crazy for a short reserve, I'm sure it will be the same this year. This is all for CLT baby bus lines.

I'm long call (R) in Philly on the little Bus and broke
guarantee in March. Seems long calls are flying 50
plus hours and short calls 25 plus. We also had many
pilots in initial training that weren't out on the line yet.

When are the "Sand People" as you called them going to start displacing the third listers and current Easties from their spots that weren't earned due to the Nic award? It's just a matter of time, and it is justified. It's called a "binding" award for a reason Lear. Your prognosticating has plenty of gaps in there, be careful to include outcomes that are most likely, and not the fantasy USAPA version.

Unless it states in the MOU that ...

When are the "Sand People" as you called them going to start displacing the third listers and current Easties from their spots that weren't earned due to the Nic award? It's just a matter of time, and it is justified. It's called a "binding" award for a reason Lear. Your prognosticating has plenty of gaps in there, be careful to include outcomes that are most likely, and not the fantasy USAPA version.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Probably not until after today's round of US Airways new hires upgrade on the e190.

Please ignore the poser. He never has anything constructive to add so there is no need to respond.

This is a good thread and we should keep it that way. Don't swallow the bait! :D

No worries, I just couldn't resist... :D

March was crazy. Broke guarantee by ~ 10 hours. System Scheduling went mad!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back