• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Reports Highest Annual Profit In Company History

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yet people bang on the desk yelling that pay rates don't influence profitability of an airline. Which is it?

It affects the way your accounting dept. reports your debits and credits that quarter. It depends if you are courting someone for a merger.

I'm not a fan of Redflyer but this line of yours is pure bullshat. Its one thing to rag on the airlines with the wages that hurt all pilots but your comment reeks of someone who wants to see a highly paid pilot "get his" even if you didn't say it directly. Southwest has many facets but one thing is for sure their pay is very good and it HELPS all pilots.

O really like the way their awesome pay, pension and benefits helped the other carriers after 9-11. Hey guess what contract was slapped infront of UAL, AAA and DAL ALPA post 9-11 and told they had to be cheaper than?

I seem to remember my 1997 kit "snake oil" darby airline pilot salary survey book. The pages for UAL, AMR and DAL were warn thin by myself and fellow CFIs. The SWA page was as crisp (and barren of information like A and B funds for example) as the day the book came in the mail.

What's wrong with $125/hr for the most senior 737/Airbus 3 series captains? US Air has 240 Airbus 319/320/321 aircraft and 32 737s. Lets say 10 captains per aircraft and average wage should be about $180/hr. Soooo, 272x10x$55,000 (lost per year) = $150,000,000. FOs....272x10x$25,000 (lost per year) = $75,000,000. That's $225,000,000 per year (plus or minus a couple million) the 320/737 guys give up....(did not include the rest of the pilots nor factor in AWA higher pay, but I'm just rounding here) to help out the shareholder and make DWI Parker look great! Thanks for all you do guys! Keep up the good fight.

must be a westie

Ahhhhh ...... A match made in heaven. USAPA and the APA. Somebody said that "God's got a sick sense of humor". Perhaps an interview with the APA pilots that described the TWA pilots as Kmart would be appropriate ?

Enjoy.

And you too Jet M

But as history repeats itself - I am sure you guys will claim you saved the AA guys also!

Metrojet

Saving a major airline is tough work , but saving two is heroic. They deserve the reputation they will get. :lol:

Saving a major airline is tough work , but saving two is heroic. They deserve the reputation they will get. :lol:

Amen, my brother!!! It's like deja vu all over again....Oh wait, what was I thinking??? :laugh:

Latest resources

Back