• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Q2 Profit $402 Mil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great news. That said, it is easier to show a profit when wages are not at legacy market rates...

True but if you doubled pilot pay they still would have made >250 mil and for an airline with only about 350 a/c that is pretty impressive.

Normally spring. However, remember we are still under our current contract (warts and all) until the POR. In the case of a profit, the upside is we still get profit sharing until the POR date. When the check will comes I know not.

Here's another upside. If the date to calculate the profit sharing ends with a POR in August or Sept., the least profitable, or most likely money losing quarter will likely be cut off. The last quarter blows. Joy!

$6000 will be paid to every pilot on 15 Nov 13. That's the last profit check we'll receive unless we renegotiate profit sharing into the next contract.

Hey, you guys are the ones that wanted to stay on LOA93. Besides, according to some of your DOH hardliners, all you guys are self made millionaires.

Cheer up, whether it goes Nic or DOH, you're going to get a nice raise.
I referred to the financial decline of all employees. I don't understand why some posters have to always hump the pilot turmoil leg in response to everything, always.

Here's another upside. If the date to calculate the profit sharing ends with a POR in August or Sept., the least profitable, or most likely money losing quarter will likely be cut off. The last quarter blows. Joy!

I was thinking the same thing myself. Good point.

Two questions however: Will the company try to use the entire year and prorate the year's profit? If not, how will the company prorate the third quarter profit if the POR happens to not fall at the last day of the quarter?

I referred to the financial decline of all employees. I don't understand why some posters have to always hump the pilot turmoil leg in response to everything, always.

If it's not East/West discussion hijacking a thread it's SW/Airtran or UAL/CAL. What can you do?

Latest resources

Back