• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot App

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see those remaining 10 E-190s Gone very soon.

But as someone else stated if US Airways stays together and in business you could see faster movement to the left seat then many majors.
Don't forget about the 20 something A-350s Wide Bodies for 2015.

I actually see the opposite, wouldn't surprise me to see more 190's and it was mentioned during training that if more come it may be 195's and a DCA base so all shuttle flying is on the 190. I think we have options for another 20-25 that are available to be exercised next year. They are putting an awful lot of people on the 190 right now, some of it is backfill for training float for future bids with group 2. However, the fleet isn't really growing next year, yet there are planning on hiring 10-15 a month for a while. We will see what happens!

Grass is always greener or course. Lots of pilots without a job at all. USAir, assuming it holds together, is still better than starting at a regional and my magic 8 ball says expect left seat in 10 years, which you (probably) won't get at any other major. New Hires, if they decide to take the chance on Airways, aren't bringing with them any baggage and East/West animosity, and probably don't want to hear about it.

Incidentally, it's been said on another thread but there is already a new hire class, January 3rd. All poolies that originally interviewed in 2008, all for the E190 in PHL.

I would be willing to be that 190 captain will come in less than 10 years for new hires. My guess is under 5.

I actually see the opposite, wouldn't surprise me to see more 190's and it was mentioned during training that if more come it may be 195's and a DCA base so all shuttle flying is on the 190. I think we have options for another 20-25 that are available to be exercised next year. They are putting an awful lot of people on the 190 right now, some of it is backfill for training float for future bids with group 2. However, the fleet isn't really growing next year, yet there are planning on hiring 10-15 a month for a while. We will see what happens!

I can really see them replacing the shuttle with all E-190's. It seems like the Airbus always has about 80 seats open or more.

I can really see them replacing the shuttle with all E-190's. It seems like the Airbus always has about 80 seats open or more.

The company has stated that they really like the a/c and so do the pax. In hindsight, if the company knew the economy was going to rebound earlier this year, I think they would have kept the 10 they got rid of.

for guys returning or being hired to the 190 please request extra IOE so they can keep buying my trips. 3 bought trips in the past 30 or so days keep it rolling. I have some very fine 4 day shuttle flying in Jan that makes perfect multi-leg IOE - Learlove wants to do some skiing (even if it is only the Poconos)

Six two day trips bought from me in last eight weeks! Oh ya and when you are fresh off OE and they haven't flown you for a while call for them to buy you a trip so you can get your consolidation done...please! Charlie wants to do some skiing too.

Think part of the hiring is the looming retirements etc......

Heard company is looking at the start of 850 retirements by end of 2014??? Some may start to go, They expect another 175 to go either way after the LOA93 arbitration comes in.
I believe back when the pension was in place, guys had to put notice in and start paperwork fairly early, so the company could see who was going when. With no pension, don't think guys have to even give a 2 week notice.......... I would imagine the planning people are looking into the 8 ball for answers and seeing nothing but fog.

Hence stack the 190 f/o slot with new hires, fairly cheap insurance??? I duno

What's a typical schedule for you guys on the E190? Is it mostly shuttle flying doing PHL-BOS-DCA-BOS all day?

Also, does US Air require seniority resignation for furloughees?

Thanks!

Latest resources

Back