• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways new paint job!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's the #1 sign your airline is in financial trouble....

Eastern
PanAm
United
USAir
etc
etc

:D

EAP said:
Well thought out, eh? Certainly you are johnny on the spot for number one. At least you have worked long and hard on this little project for the rest of us, and thanks for that, too. "It takes a village."

If your statement was at least coherent maybe I wouuld respond to it.

Really, I'm not holding my breath for much based on the first well thought out response. But we all have our opinions, and simply disagree with yours. My response was, admittedly, hampered by the two seconds I had to give to the subject at the time and layered in a lot of disgusted sarcasm.

Quickly, I believe that a large network carrier going out of business, simply for the benefit the remaining carriers, serves only to further weaken the state of the industry by allowing the bottom feeders to set the bar. "Debtor in possesion financing" has been secured by the chapter 11 companies from private funds. Just like in any other industry segment. It's a free market, they do not have to invest. They are investing becasue they believe there may be a way for these carriers to do well at some point. BTW, United doesn't have any more tax dollar handouts than any other airline LCC or not, as they were denied it. America West does, and yet you don't complain about them, and they have your tax dollars working hard. USAir, well, yes, but you lumped a lot of carriers in the same group and it didn't sit well.

EAP said:
BTW, United doesn't have any more tax dollar handouts than any other airline LCC or not, as they were denied it. America West does, and yet you don't complain about them, and they have your tax dollars working hard. USAir, well, yes, but you lumped a lot of carriers in the same group and it didn't sit well.

The airlines you mention above have not received a single nickel of your "tax dollar handouts". What they received were loans guaranteed by the government through the ATSB.

But then you knew that.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]I like the little logo with all the other airlines USAir has bought (and ruined!) It's like the "kill" tally on a fighter![/font]

Prog 2/2 said:
The airlines you mention above have not received a single nickel of your "tax dollar handouts". What they received were loans guaranteed by the government through the ATSB.

But then you knew that.

Yes, that's exactly right. But you also know that the ATSB guaruntee is just that, taxbase funded money in forms of loan guaruntees. And guess what? I completely agree with it. I'm happy USAirways got it. I think letting companies like USAirways, United, Delta, American or any other "Legacy" airline fade away just to satisfy an academic, market economy value, is comparable to cutting one's nose off to spite his face. These same carriers founded the air transportation system. I'm a free market proponent, but I am certainly one that sees a limit to the "market" driving such an important and unique sector of our nation's economy, freedom (as it pertains to our lifestyle) and safety. Just my opinion. Looks like the thread is getting off topic - sorry about that - but I felt I had to rebutt a previous post.

The new USAir paint scheme is pretty cool but I'm not sure about the front end with the curving stripes. It looks retro, like the 1970-1974 UAL paint job, but the rest looks fairly clean. Maybe I'll need some time to get used to it.

Guppiedriver said:
It's a logo, not an American flag.
Your right, it's a logo. It's a backwards logo. What do I know though, I am just a stupid pilot.
Those management folks who designed the backwards logo, that's where all the brains are.

Latest resources

Back