• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways new paint job!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

At least the nose cone is all white, so when they have to replace one, you won't notice (unlike the HP birds right now - looks kinda funny with a unpainted nose and sticks out like a sore thumb)

Personally I wish USAir would just go away. USAir and United in bankruptcy are causing irreparable damage to the U.S. airline industry and it's affecting all of us.

Last edited:
Looks nice, but how many millions is it gonna cost to repaint the whole fleet? looking at all the us airways(and UAL) planes I see everyday I think(and UAL) they could have gone at least another year before droping all that $ on new paint. I guess a few more bazillion dollars spent on things not really needed is right on the UA/UAL track though.

habubuaza said:
Personally I wish USAir would just go away. USAir and United in bankruptcy are causing irreparable damage to the U.S. airline industry and it's affecting all of us.

Well that's rude to say conisdering the amounts of job losses there would be between the two. You must be a newhire at CAL flying with Scabs telling you how great life is there and a merger with Delta or United is inevitable!!

At least USAir is trying to do something to fix their situation besides going after endless paycuts and etc from their employess group. Granted Siegel did take most of of everything from the employee groups. Whereas you have United's management teasing coming out of bankruptcy then changing their minds last minute and still hide behind the protection of bankruptcy. I guess the government and bought judges are partial for some of the blame. But to say you wish they go away is just rude.

Them in bankruptcy isn't as bad as Mesa, Chiq, Jet Blue and so on and so on all flying F-28/DC-9 sized planes for minimum wages. Think before you spout off as to what is hurting this industry.

Rant over!

I like the 4 different paint schemes, with the old PSA one being the best. They should do a whole bunch of those.

Bye Bye--General Lee

freighthumper said:
Looks nice, but how many millions is it gonna cost to repaint the whole fleet? looking at all the us airways(and UAL) planes I see everyday I think(and UAL) they could have gone at least another year before droping all that $ on new paint. I guess a few more bazillion dollars spent on things not really needed is right on the UA/UAL track though.

Hey, they're doing it with someone else's $$ anyway, so what the heck....try to do the job right or don't do it at all. Continuing on with two totally different paint schemes in one merged company wouldn't be smart IMHO. Plus, have you seen those USAir birds up close lately? Especially with that stupid navy blue top, they look like crap and like they should have hit the paint barn a couple of years back. They wouldn't exactly inspire confidence in me if I was a paying passenger.

Last edited:
UALjan15 said:
Hey, they're doing it with someone else's $$ anyway, so what the heck....try to do the job right or don't do it at all. Continuing on with two totally different paint schemes in one merged company wouldn't be smart IMHO. Plus, have you seen those USAir birds up close lately? Especially with that stupid navy blue top, they look like crap and like they should have hit the paint barn a couple of years back. They wouldn't exactly inspire confidence in me if I was a paying passenger.

Ahhhhmen brother. I just hope they don't try and put a retro skimpy PSA uniform on one of our older 50ish F/As.

The colors, especially on the belly, remind me of Leisure Air....former A320/DC-10 operator back in the early to mid 1990's

Latest resources

Back