US Airways MEC files lawsuit against AWA MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL128:

While I have disagreed with you on many things, mostly ALPA stuff, congrats on moving on to Airtran. It is nice to see there are some success stories out there for people who do love this profession.....

However, I notice the Darth Prater references and am wondering why the total turnaround on ALPA?

A350

I do not think that is accurate. Then metal is not combined yet. Also, as an outsider looking in, this was not a fair merger. It is fair short term, but does not take into account the mass retirements that will happen on the East side in the next five years. If there would have been some fences put up, the West pilots could justify the decision. That being said, arguing it on this board is not going to do anything. If I were a West pilot, I would just keep my mouth shut and go on with my job. Long term, this is a windfall for the West. Why degrade the East guys that just got ******************** on? It just shows lack of professionalism and compassion. If I were an East guy or part of the East MEC, I would do everything in my power to try and get this binding agreement thrown out. It is probably impossible to do, but not signing a combined contract is possible and probably is exactly what will happen. If they delay it for a few years, it can act as a temporary fence.

Look Dude, I'm a West pilot, I am not too far from upgrade, as a senior FO a enjoy a great schedule. What RIGHT do the EAST GUYS have to my seniority? What rights do the EAST guys have to my upgrade? NONE!!!

Sorry, only the stupid, foolish or blind can't see that ALPA Merger Policy was followed! I am slightly below where I was (Thanks to the 517 widebodies), Should I have to give something up because the east guys are old and worked for a crappy company?

They don't like that thier 18 year guy is slotted next to our 3 month guy, well my question is, at what kind of company does the last guy on the list have 18 years of "time in service"? He had no seniority, none, he was the last guy on the list, how does that happen? why did that happen?

The only thing I can say is our bottom guy and thier bottom guy are on the bottom of the combined list, exactly where they deserve to be!

Last edited:
PCL128:

While I have disagreed with you on many things, mostly ALPA stuff, congrats on moving on to Airtran. It is nice to see there are some success stories out there for people who do love this profession.....

Thanks. I appreciate it.

However, I notice the Darth Prater references and am wondering why the total turnaround on ALPA?

No turnaround on ALPA at all. I'm still just as much an ALPA "cheerleader" as always. My disgust is directed only towards Prater, not towards the Association itself. Any organization is only as good as the people leading it, and unfortunately, Prater happens to be leading ALPA for the next few years. He's proven himself to be ineffective and incompetent with both the Age-60 issue and the AAA/AWA issue.

I guess I just miss Duane. :)

Thanks. I appreciate it.

No turnaround on ALPA at all. I'm still just as much an ALPA "cheerleader" as always. My disgust is directed only towards Prater, not towards the Association itself. Any organization is only as good as the people leading it, and unfortunately, Prater happens to be leading ALPA for the next few years. He's proven himself to be ineffective and incompetent with both the Age-60 issue and the AAA/AWA issue.

I guess I just miss Duane. :)

Of course you miss Duane.....

I agree that the USAir guys are getting screwed, but as they say, what goes around comes around..... What about the screwing that the wholly owned ALG/PDT/PSA guys got? What about the fact that ALPA merger policy has been manipulated for years? It's all about who's OX is getting gored...

By the way, what do think of the USAir MEC filing a lawsuit?

What about the screwing that the wholly owned ALG/PDT/PSA guys got?

I refer you to Captain Beebe's testimony on the Ford/Cooksey litigations. No "screwing" took place of the WO'd pilots. That's just RJDC propaganda.

What about the fact that ALPA merger policy has been manipulated for years?
I agree that ALPA merger policy has been manipulated. The UAL/AAA proposed merger is what precipitated the big change in policy. The UAL MEC knew that any inclusion of DOH in the policy would have put them at a disadvantage due to the extremely senior AAA group, so they worked hard to change the policy and remove any mention of DOH. Unfortunately, they were successful. It didn't end up helping the UAL guys since the merger never happened, but it still ended up screwing the AAA pilots in the end.

By the way, what do think of the USAir MEC filing a lawsuit?
Read towards the top of the thread, Joe. I already stated that I don't agree with lawsuits against fellow ALPA pilots. I understand that Captain Stephan and the AAA MEC feel the need to protect their pilots, but I disagree with that specific avenue.

Look Dude, I'm a West pilot, I am not too far from upgrade, as a senior FO a enjoy a great schedule. What RIGHT do the EAST GUYS have to my seniority? What rights do the EAST guys have to my upgrade? NONE!!!

Hi Auto -

Sounds like a fence would take care of your seniority concerns. That's what any complicated integration like this one should have.

No one here wanted to harm you, but we did want to take part in the retirement-driven progression that was here in the East. I ask you: what right do west pilots have to ride that wave of retirements in front of east pilots?

A fence.....a really big one.....is the only thing that would allow this to be fair. Of course, it's a temporary fix and wouldn't prevent injustices from occurring when DP buys United.

There's still two things I can't find: 1) a West pilot who says he wanted this merger, and 2) a West pilot who doesn't mind a fence.

Hmmm....why is that?

If you don't like your situation, I'd be gald to have you pull gear for me in my toy RJ.

Signed,

Another "little child".

:) He, He, He...........................

Frst of all, you need to be a captain, let alone pilot, lav boy!

Hi Auto -

No one here wanted to harm you, but we did want to take part in the retirement-driven progression that was here in the East. I ask you: what right do west pilots have to ride that wave of retirements in front of east pilots?

quote]

Man what rock have you been hiding under. " No one here wanted to harm you!!!!!) What do you call MANIAICAL Insistance on DOH even after the Arbitrator said that DOH is DOA.

Absent the Merger you have no progression just one massive retirement of everyone. Remember, even your Union leaders were posting info on the message boards on how to apply for Unemployment in your respective States etc. Please explain to me how applying for unemployment equates to PROGRESSION??? That being said, please take a look at precisely how many retirements on the east side will actually be from the Captain seat. Not as many as you are led to believe.

The sense of entitlement of you east guys is sickening and embarrassing to say the least.

Latest resources

Back