• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Jul 16 recall class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish I could...Except they are tight on their body mass ratio thing.....After 5 yrs of freight doggin, there is no way I will even come close to their standards...... Waist 28 pants, Not in this life baby!!!!!

LOL
I remember you being Mr Slim as a new hire.
If this place tanks that will be by first place I try.

Recalls

Sounds like you have some knowledge. Do you know where they are on the take it or leave it list(How far up the list are they)?

In todays training staff call they said 300 more take it or leave it letters were being sent out today.

I would estimate that to be about May of 1999 hires.

E190 Simulator

Little Duece,

I was looking at a diagram of the CLT training center and didn't see any 190 or 767 sims. Are we renting sims elsewhere? The 190 looks like a nice A/C, still haven't seen one in person yet.

HP

We are using the former MDA E170 simulator in CLT. The ERJ-170/190 is a common type rating just like the 757/767 so exept for the weights, no big deal.

The sim is in the CLT Training Center, in the new bays next to the A-330 & A-320

Congrats and welcome. After your training lock is up you should be able to hold a group II airplane. As far as getting PHX, I would say that might be a way off.

Unless we base some E190's in PHX, you will have to wait until the seniority/contract mess gets straightened out.

We will have 25 E190s by October 2008. I think the next crew base will be CLT. Just my opinion.

The E190 is a great airplane and you will get a type rating.

See you in CLT!

I think once you're on duty as a working pilot, you take precedent over a furloughed pilot regardless of equipment.

If there is a vacancy bid on the west, it goes to Active pilots first, regardless of equipment; then it goes to F'd pilots.

they are going to type rate new hires this time around?

Oh and grog, I believe the transition agreement stated, openings on the west, would be offered to furloughed east guys. not active, as there was an uproar of those active guys on the west coast, that they wouldn't have a shot at bidding those positions.

The batch of letters before the 300 being sent out, I believe reached in the 8/99 hire date. The 300 going out are starting at that...

Last edited:
they are going to type rate new hires this time around?

ICAO rules require that F/O's have at least a SIC type rating. So, all F/O's are being typed and if they want, they can have a regular PIC type rating. The PIC type is the same as the SIC type except for a rejected take off and taxi to the gate from the left seat. If you can believe it, we have a few knot heads that have refused the PIC type in favor of the SIC type for gawd knows what reason.

They were hiring 56/class x 2 per month so another 300 letters (from the rumored 8/99 date) would indeed be back to 5/99.

Dangit. Decision time.

We are using the former MDA E170 simulator in CLT. The ERJ-170/190 is a common type rating just like the 757/767 so exept for the weights, no big deal.

The sim is in the CLT Training Center, in the new bays next to the A-330 & A-320

Hey Duece, any idea what equipment type might be available for the July 30 th class?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back