• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways is going to JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I was excited for a moment until I realized that US is going to use MESA. I guess protecting turf is better than not, but isnt the idea to have a equal of better product?

Whats the difference between a "mainline" 190 and a "regional "90 seat rj. Both have the same crew costs. Not to beat an already dead horse.

jimcav said:
Whats the difference between a "mainline" 190 and a "regional "90 seat rj. Both have the same crew costs. Not to beat an already dead horse.

All you have to do is ride on them, then you will see the difference

jimcav said:

OK, that's flamebait, but it raises an interesting point. Both payscales really suck, but on one, you're getting sucky pay that's at the bottom of the pay scale. On the other you have sucky pay but you're peaked out at the top. Where would you rather be?

Can SWA compete directly with the low costs of an 85 or so passenger CRJ on a same route?

Yeah.

FR8mastr said:
All you have to do is ride on them, then you will see the difference

Actually I have ridden on both. Once I sit down I cant tell the difference.

FR8mastr said:
Well I was excited for a moment until I realized that US is going to use MESA. I guess protecting turf is better than not, but isnt the idea to have a equal of better product?

The "new and improved" USAir for the new mellinium takes delivery of their first EM190's I believe in November of this year. Initial batch of 15 all to be based in CLT. Once they are up and running watch the Mesa 900's get pulled and sent to other markets. That should level the playing field. Better to use the Mesa 900's as "place holders" to get the your name out in the market, rather than letting JetBlue establish a beach head in the market and starting from behind. Once both have 190's going toe to toe,it wuill be real interesting to see who will win the battle, The airline that offers free TV or the one that offers a frequent flyer program that can take you around the world. Either way, fights on !!

PHXFLYR:cool:

Blue Dude said:
OK, that's flamebait, but it raises an interesting point. Both payscales really suck, but on one, you're getting sucky pay that's at the bottom of the pay scale. On the other you have sucky pay but you're peaked out at the top. Where would you rather be?

What's my third choice??:D

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHXFLYR said:
Once both have 190's going toe to toe,it wuill be real interesting to see who will win the battle, The airline that offers free TV or the one that offers a frequent flyer program that can take you around the world. Either way, fights on !!PHXFLYR:cool:

It won't be long until JBLU has codeshares with all those heavy's heading over the pond from JFK. That should also help level the playing field.

Latest resources

Back