• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Us airways interview pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word out of the Chief Pilot's office this morning is hiring 150 in the next 3 months.

They have an odd way of going about it. 6, highly qualified, excellent people I know have interviewed and only 1 has gotten the job. The one with 0 pic. Very frustrating.

They have an odd way of going about it. 6, highly qualified, excellent people I know have interviewed and only 1 has gotten the job. The one with 0 pic. Very frustrating.
Wow, anymore info on their quals? Seems to be a trend. Airlines are wanting that sweet spot in flight times. Once you cross that line in time, for some reason youre unwanted....Either that or FOs have more good stories about how theyve had to overcome bad captains ;-)

Last edited:
Wow, anymore info on their quals? Seems to be a trend. Airlines are wanting that sweet spot in flight times. Once you cross that line in time, for some reason youre unwanted....Either that or FOs have more good stories about how theyve had to overcome bad captains ;-)

These are the general requirements.
1. ATP (I think a must have)

2. 4 yr Degree (a must have)

3. PIC (not a deal breaker, but everyone in my class had some 121 PIC except 1 who had a few thousand in the Bus. My class ranged from 500-5000PIC)

4. Recent full training program (not sure it's a must, but seemed like everyone had been through something within the last 5 years)

5. FMS experience (not a must, we had some dash-8 guys, but they like it)

6. Letter of Rec (not a must, but def helps, everyone in my class had at least 1)

Hope that helped. Once you get an interview it's yours to lose. They want to hire you if they brought you in

These are the general requirements.
1. ATP (I think a must have)

2. 4 yr Degree (a must have)

3. PIC (not a deal breaker, but everyone in my class had some 121 PIC except 1 who had a few thousand in the Bus. My class ranged from 500-5000PIC)

4. Recent full training program (not sure it's a must, but seemed like everyone had been through something within the last 5 years)

5. FMS experience (not a must, we had some dash-8 guys, but they like it)

6. Letter of Rec (not a must, but def helps, everyone in my class had at least 1)

Hope that helped. Once you get an interview it's yours to lose. They want to hire you if they brought you in
Had all those requirements and didn't even make it to the interview. Plus had 10 years of instructor background and typed on the A320 with over 1500 on type. Also typed on the A330 another company aircraft.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back