• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways "I'm on board lanyards?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't badmouth the RJ pilots too much, most of them make more than the top FO salary at US Air.

This is not a true statement. Top FO salary at US Air is $109/hour plus 10% into a retirement fund. Very low to be sure compared to other majors but show me an RJ pilot making that much.

Pinnacle CRJ900 CA rates are higher than US Airways E190 rates... They really are an embarrassment.
Here we go again. Pinnacle logic at work:

The hourly rate is the rate. It's not with overtime, or check airman pay. It is what it is.

9E guys are so quick to tell you how much they earn. They just fail to mention that they're working 22 days a month to get it.

Max 9E 900 pay = 106
Max US 190 pay = 125

It's not close. Does that suck for a major? You bet. But let's not delude ourselves, shall we?

At least this RJ pilot accepts his binding arbitration award, even if he isn't happy with the conditions/restrictions. I wouldn't badmouth the RJ pilots too much, most of them make more than the top FO salary at US Air.

Now you want to compare f/o salary at USAir with captain salary at regionals. 20 year f/os at Airays make more than 20 year capatins on the RJ. Plus, you are likely working your hind end off to do it--if you even are. Additionally, there are many other aspects to consider other than pay, although I know that is what RJ pilots consider most important. it is here that USAirways has some of its best kept secrets.

In short, YAWN. RJ pilot-I-know-it-all syndrome

Ackattacker,
10% into retirement. Be careful how loud you say it, you might have to explain what happen to your guys pensions.

That is a true statement. Of course I better be quiet around United and Delta pilots, too.

How's the pension plan going over at Express? Gonna take a lump-sum, are you, maybe cruise the world in your new yacht?

Point is things are bad enough at Airways but there's no need to make them seem worse than they are. When you compare apples to apples you are still better off at Airways than at a regional.

No mo' "I'm on board" lanyards in August.

A memo came out on 11 July outlining that every US Airways employee and their subsidiaries will get a new US Airways/Star Alliance lanyard. All other lanyards will not be permitted to be worn.

Currently a wide variety of lanyards, badge backers and clips are worn by employees to secure their
company-issued ID and airport badges. This causes confusion as it doesn’t present the professional look
that we are striving to achieve in accordance with our goals to consistently deliver Reliability,
Convenience and Appearance for our customers. It also is, quite frankly, creating divisiveness among our
workforce as lanyards, badge backers and other ID holders are often used to promote individual and
organizational agendas that are counterproductive to creating a positive working environment for all
employees.

If everyone man's up and throws 'em in the trash, there's safety in numbers.....

Just sayin.

I'm also reasonably sure your union lanyard is protected under federal law.

Latest resources

Back