• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways e190

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So going from the left seat of one RJ to the right seat of another; not to mention the hefty paycutyou took if you were at your regional for any length of time, is considered making it ?? OKay...... I guess.:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
So going from the left seat of one RJ to the right seat of another; not to mention the hefty paycutyou took if you were at your regional for any length of time, is considered making it ?? OKay...... I guess.:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

thats me my west brother - made mid 80's (gross) last year in the left seat of the 170/175. I'm looking at making just over 40K gross this year - right seat 190. Paycheck cut almost exactly in half.

thats me my west brother - made mid 80's (gross) last year in the left seat of the 170/175. I'm looking at making just over 40K gross this year - right seat 190. Paycheck cut almost exactly in half.

Uh...I'm pretty sure that's called "switching companies and starting at the bottom". That's the same jump most everybody else in the industry made. At West book, mainline rates you'll be back in the mid-80s at year 4 but you'd in the right seat. Good luck.

At West book, mainline rates you'll be back in the mid-80s at year 4 but you'd in the right seat. Good luck.

Then you factor in the loss income you have to regain. You might make the same in 4 years, but probably take 8 years to totally recover from the loss wages.

Jeez, Its hard to explain to people that your going to fly a much bigger airplane, but make half the money.

This really makes for a hard choice, plus losing like 3 or 4 vaction slots.

Uh...I'm pretty sure that's called "switching companies and starting at the bottom". That's the same jump most everybody else in the industry made. At West book, mainline rates you'll be back in the mid-80s at year 4 but you'd in the right seat. Good luck.

Now I see why Netjets is such a popular alternative...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back