US Airways drops free pretzels

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
Good to see that they are taking action on their incredibly dismal customer service record. Hate to tell you all this, but if $1,000,000/yr. is what is going to help turn things around at US Airways they got big problems...;) How many millions have the past 2-3 CEO's robbed from the company? I'm guessing somewhere around a 100 years worth of pretzels.

Last edited:

SlapShot

Total Time
Who would have guessed that the leather seats and fancy snacks that Southwest provides would be considered a luxury.

737 Pylt

Banned
Um....Floats anyone??
Total Time
enough
SlapShot said:
Who would have guessed that the leather seats and fancy snacks that Southwest provides would be considered a luxury.

Agreed! And you wonder why the rich are now flying on fractionals. This industry has seriously gone into the toilet!

capt. megadeth

Metal Momma!
Total Time
>4999
h25b said:
Good to see that they are taking action on their incredibly dismal customer service record. Hate to tell you all this, but if $1,000,000/yr. is what is going to help turn things around at US Airways they got big problems...;) How many millions have the past 2-3 CEO's robbed from the company. I'm guessing somewhere around a 100 years worth of pretzels.

No doubt.

I wonder when we will see the headline:
AIRLINE EXECUTIVES TAKE PAYCUT TO HELP SAVE COMPANY

Ok, I just woke up.....I was dreaming

ex208driver

Total Time
6400 +
amazing that they can do this but the announcement of hot meals for first class didnt get mentioned. I was in pit the last 3 days and the usair fa's all said the same thing. Nothing for the people in the back, but buy a first class ticket and get a hot meal, brillant marketing plan. I dont know if this is true, but hot meals cost more than the 4 or so bags of pretzels for the back. This was never mentioned in the paper.

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
I thought they were trying to somewhat reinvent themselves to compete with the low-cost carriers.. Great start with the pretzel cutbacks.:rolleyes:

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
h25b said:
I thought they were trying to somewhat reinvent themselves to compete with the low-cost carriers.. Great start with the pretzel cutbacks.:rolleyes:

This trainwreck also happened back in the early 90s.