Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
News for U

USAIRWAYS TO INSTALL SICK-SACKS ON SEATBACKS AT UPCOMING SHAREHOLDERS MEETING

Wall Street Journal - USAirways, the struggling Charlotte-based airline, announced today that it will be the first airline to comply with new NTSB and FBI recommendations and install sick-sack bags in the seatbacks of all chairs at this years shareholder meeting."We aren't going to wait for the other airlines to comply, we want to be the first," said Peter Gazinia, USAirways Chief Financial Officer. "When our annual income sheet is shown to our shareholders, we are expecting a regurgatory reaction, one of Bibical proportions, and we will be ready for it."Vice President of Marketing, Robin Usblind, added this, "I will liken our shareholder's meeting to a Roman Vomitorium, I fully expect to be bathed in the vomit of nauseous and angry strangers."
Shareholder sentiment like this is expected due to a price drop of the stock (U) from $60 to $2 within the last few years.
"I wouldn't say we are scared," said Gazinia, "Our bile-volume analysts are predicting anywhere from 2.5 to 2.8 metric tons of bile, water, Diet Coke, and partially digested pretzels and snack mix to become propelled and airborne within the first 15 seconds of the introduction of our company's balance sheet, with 1.5 more metric tons expected within the following 15 seconds. So as you can see, we are prepared for it.""No they aren't," counters Lehman Brothers analyst, Harry Ballzack. "While I do agree that they are prepared for the vomit, they are ill prepared for the
expected gastrointestinal distress that is expected when they give their forecast for the company's future. Our numbers-guys here at Lehman Brothers are predicting a total and complete defacatorial breakdown when management explains their plans for growth and expansion. We are downgrading USAirways
from a "sell" to a "sell, even for Venezuelan currency."
Analysts at Morgan Stanley Dean Witter agree. "Imagine a thousand people eating a 2 boxes of Bran Cereal each, then washing 6 ExLax tablets down with a gallon of prune juice...if you can do that, then you are imaging what USAirways has on its hands, a diarrhetic castrophe."Hugh Jass, analyst at T Rowe Price Investments, said this in a telephone interview late yesterday, "I am not going to go the meeting. I am actually nervous about the decibel level when the shareholders bowels become unrestrained. That, along with the inevitable plague of the brown snakes, is keeping me away. I think USAirways will be surprised Tuesday, they will not come out of this smelling like roses. :eek:

OH MY GOSH!!!! Is that the funniest thing you have ever read in your life! I couldn't stop laughing. This guy is good. No, not really. What you need to do is get a life. You know the best part, he thinks that everyone is laughing with him when really, well, we are laughing at you Fluf. You really aren't funny, go back and play your Dungeons and Dragons and wait for "the mother ship" to come and take you to your home planet. Now thats funny!

Could someone explain to me how PDT is making a "ton of money"? My understanding is that PDT gets paid the same amount of money to fly an airplane, if there is 1 person on board versus 50 people on board. If mainline is paying too much for the PDT service, PDT is making money but the mainline consolidated financial operation will show a loss because there is not enough passenger traffic to justify what they paid PDT. If PDT is so confident they "are making money" see if they can spin themselves off as an independent company.

Wait wait wait, so what you are saying is that PDT gets paid the same if they have 0 people on a flight as if they fill the plane? Thats funny because there would be absolutely no growth if that was true. In case you didn't know, PDT is filling the crap out of their planes and probably make up a very large percentage of income for mainline. If PDT carries 6 people, the flight makes money. And according to what you are saying, then all of that profit goes to mainline. I guess I need you to clarify how you meant that last message. As for if PDT went of on their own, your right. They probably wouldn't last. Neither would Mesaba, Express one, continental express, american eagle etc. Regionals live off of mainline to get people to their connecting flights and thats what fills the plane. Saying that is not a fair assumption unless you include all regionals or at least a majority of them.

Fact: US Airways is owned by US Air Group Fact: PDT, PSA, and ALG are the three other, independent companies owned by US Air Group. Fact: US Airways financial problems have NOTHING TO DO with the wholly owneds. Fact: The wholly owneds have no reason to give US Air Group any concessions because it is not in financial difficulty, it's holding US Airways is. Fact: The wholly owneds are so used to considering themselves a part of US Airways, that they mistakenly think that they have to give relief to Airways, even though it is A SEPARATE COMPANY, who's balance sheet DOES NOT REFLECT INCOME OR COSTS INCURRED BY the wholly oweneds. Any concessions that any of the wholly owneds give to US Air Group are unwarranted! Group is not in trouble... Airways is!... and Airways is a separate company.
Ford and Harrison, and ALPA (who represent it's wealthy airline members), are smart enough to know that most of us don't see this distinction, and are thus willing to consider giving concessions because we think we are part of US Airways (the airline), and THEY are in trouble.
Fact: Now that the media has announced Seigle's plan for 300 RJs, and the Airways pilots have said that they will consider the plan if it doesn't take away main line flying... their Jets for Jobs program has lost it's spark. There is NO LONGER A THREAT! THEY HAVE TO LET THE WHOLLY OWNEDS FLY THE JETS TO SURVIVE!
We must stand together, and give up NOTHING, or go down in history as the fools who gave what they did not have to. There is no hurry. He who concedes first, allows himself to be undercut first. Let's not play into their hands with a bidding war!
Solidarity NOW!!!

Absolutely right!!!!! Now we just need to convince the PDT MEC to quit trying to play hero and stick with the other WO's I don't know if the WO's are immune to groups financial woes, but the bottom line is, you are correct with have to stick together. As Benjemin Franklin said " we might as well hang together, as we will surely hang apart"

Latest resources

Back