US Airways & Contract Express Carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vgna man,

You would be hard pressed to find any post that I have written where I am Bashing, as you put it, another pilot group. Although my first post on this thread my have a tone of anger, more like frustration, I have never Bashed or called anyone a derogitory(sp) name.

Thanks for playing.

Last edited:
BoredToDeath

I understand what you are saying and do not disagree that the majority of express flying should be given to the WOs..

The airports mentioned above do not meet the requirements of FAR 139 for aircraft with 20 seats or more. Many of our routes take us to these airports. My point being that not all, but much of our flying does not take away from you guys whatsoever.

Chperplt

Welcome to the world of business? Aviation is a business. And like any other business a company will try to find the less expensive way to conduct is business in order to make money. Unfortunatlly, USairways has been unsucesfull to achieve this goal. Some of it has been because of the unfortunate times we faced last year and some of it has been bad management. It is not because of any of the pilot groups at mainline, Express carriers either WO or contract.

And we will have to learn how to live this way because aviation will always be a business. And competiton is going to exist where the winner will be who ever makes a profit. So we have to make sure this is accomplish without having to sacrifice any of our jobs.

ATT
A Contract Pilot

vgna man said:
Welcome to the world of business? Aviation is a business. And like any other business a company will try to find the less expensive way to conduct is business in order to make money. Unfortunatlly, USairways has been unsucesfull to achieve this goal. Some of it has been because of the unfortunate times we faced last year and some of it has been bad management. It is not because of any of the pilot groups at mainline, Express carriers either WO or contract.

And we will have to learn how to live this way because aviation will always be a business. And competiton is going to exist where the winner will be who ever makes a profit. So we have to make sure this is accomplish without having to sacrifice any of our jobs.

ATT
A Contract Pilot

Hmm...That's funny. The WO's make group a ton of money, so your argument doesn't hold water. Also, the contract carriers are growing not because they are better, but because they get paid less, and have much worse working conditions. But, they are happy to grow, and undercut the pilots that have worked hard to improve the profession.

vgna man,

"Aviation is a business. And like any other business a company will try to find the less expensive way to conduct is business in order to make money. "
Carefull! Are you saying that all the expensive flying of Mainline and the WO should be contracted out so that US Airways can be the Contract Carrier of Choice.

"Some of it has been because of the unfortunate times we faced last year and some of it has been bad management. It is not because of any of the pilot groups at mainline, Express carriers either WO or contract. "
Actually this statement is false. Nearlly all of our groups problems arise from poor managment and the Mainline MECs lack of vision in the past with reguard to RJs/SJs.

"And competiton is going to exist where the winner will be who ever makes a profit. "
Explain to me why you think competion between US Airways Group Flying and contract carriers should exist in the first place.

Are you trying to bait me?:)

Last edited:
Chperplt,

Thank you for the refreasher of FAR 139. I will look at each of the airports you serve so I can make a more educated argument.

>>>But, they are happy to grow, and undercut the pilots that have worked hard to improve the profession.<<<

Now THAT is funny!!

I am quite humbled to know that the years of airline flying I have done for non-W/O USAirways Express companies has been damaging to the profession... I guess I haven't worked as hard as you do, either.

What a load.

It is my opinion that Chautauqua will be receiving more jets:

1. They have recalled most if not all of their "fired" pilots.
2. They have started interviewing again.
3. They are sending their SAAB's to Shuttle America.
4. Republic Airways upcoming IPO.
5. Wexford's deep pockets.

As far as the WO pilots complaining about outscourcing of "their" flying. In this economy it will be hard for you to have your cake and eat it too (industry leading wages & benefits/ Increased flying opportunities). The market will dictate what will happen. Best of luck to all.

Last edited:
Actually, CHQ is hiring because we cut too much to begin with, and we are expanding the AWA codeshare (5 more 145 to come).
The Saab went to SA because, according to management, they (Saab) were loosing money (yeah, right!).
The CHQ pilot group doesn't seem to be interested in the j4j, and it doesn't look like BB is all over it either.
Hope those jets will go to the WO, which have been *crew up by management for so long.

Latest resources

Back