• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not quite true. I can't remember what the vacation accrual in the MOU is, but I know it's better than 7 days for the first eight years like we have now.

21 Days off until year 5. Then 1 more day off per year. Tops off at 31 days at 15 years.

21 Days off until year 5. Then 1 more day off per year. Tops off at 31 days at 15 years.

Actually tops out at 35 days @ 23 years of service. Paid @ 3:15 per day (roughly equals AWA present of 31 days @ 3:40 per day).

Also; Pilot may "float" for all but one week. This means that you can drop / trade a trip during a time when you were not awarded vacation. You then can float your allowed vacation time over to get paid for that time off.

Actually tops out at 35 days @ 23 years of service. Paid @ 3:15 per day (roughly equals AWA present of 31 days @ 3:40 per day).

Also; Pilot may "float" for all but one week. This means that you can drop / trade a trip during a time when you were not awarded vacation. You then can float your allowed vacation time over to get paid for that time off.

abefly had it right. From the MOU:

The Memorandum states the accrual and value shall be in accordance with the existing program for US Airways (West) pilots (31 days @3:40 per Day).
(Note - This replaces the APA 2012 vacation provision of 35 days for 23 years of service paid at 3:15 per day.)

Now with the merger, do they finally end the outsource interview practices? I am thinking all hiring and interviews will take place at DFW with a combination of AA and US Airways hiring reps. This will be a nice change, as this outsorce company has passed by a lot of good talent.

Now with the merger, do they finally end the outsource interview practices? I am thinking all hiring and interviews will take place at DFW with a combination of AA and US Airways hiring reps. This will be a nice change, as this outsorce company has passed by a lot of good talent.

What interviewing.....isn't there still like 1700 AA/ TWA guys sitting around waiting for recall?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back