• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Why did US Airways and APA file suits stating that the DFR is ripe? Why have nondisclosure agreements been signed between US Airways, APA, AOL and USAPA? Is this an effort to drain USAPA & AOL union dues? What is managements ultimate goal here?

US Airways & APA do not care about DFR status and only want the shortest route to East/West list integration. They are leveraging a ripe DFR opinion to force a shorter SLI timeline. Management has already achieved a nondisclosure agreement and settlement negotiations are being attempted.

newAA management needs to take full advantage of AA code sharing by being free to reshuffle East/West flying. This also implies that PHX will be reduced and it's block hours outsourced to other AA/East bases with healthy O/D traffic. What other sensitive information could a nondisclosure agreement protecting?

Without an East/West settlement APA may play bad cop in SLI proceedings with arguments such as West pilots should have limited career expectations as the West class has no wide bodies, the West operation has been shrinking/unviable and US Airways management intends to further reduce PHX operations."

Hmmmm. That's not what I heard...... The NIC award already took into account the lack of widebodies at AWA, the top 500 spots were given to Easties. That same award will be applied, or AWA will also get a spot at the negotiating table, and the East doesn't want that...... Sounds like leverage to me..... Good luck Westies!

Bye Bye---General Lee

flyby and general, do you mind if we stay on target here, not like you guys don't have 10 other threads for your pointless back and forth discussion....

cbrown1, that's great to hear. I received a no thanks in april last year but have three under review. thanks for letting us know, helps us keep our spirits up...

General Lee, I made 10 objective statements about recent developments and you unintelligibly respond "that's not what I heard....." followed by the usual unrelated regurgitation.

Thank goodness the SAT only recently added reading and comprehension!

RJ Burn, my post is relevant to this thread.

It seems that newAmerican is working to merge East/West lists now under a quicker timeline. Their motivation may be to shift flying out of PHX and into to East bases to take full advantage of POR code sharing with AA. PHX has little O/D, which may be something DFW & LAX can cover.

Negotiated settlements for a forced East/West SLI ruling would slow hiring. There is talk of class sizes being greatly reduced?read between the lines.

Does anyone know the sizes of the two most recent classes? I heard the second April class was only 8.

Last edited:
In a weird sense the longer the East/West dispute and PBS is put off the more hiring should take place in the near-term.

There have been no numbers posted for the second class in April or for the class that should be starting today.

Last edited:
Just happily filled the application again (for the new job #). My question is: do I/should I withdraw from the previous job #s for First Officer? Currently, I'm "under review" for three First Officer positions.

Any help/insight would be great! Thanks.

Just happily filled the application again (for the new job #). My question is: do I/should I withdraw from the previous job #s for First Officer? Currently, I'm "under review" for three First Officer positions.

Any help/insight would be great! Thanks.

NO! That's the whole idea...

If you have three open "under review" means you still have the Sept opening application. They just did a big flush from the position. If you weren't you are doing okay.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back