• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Applies for Rio De Janeiro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on guys, do you really think Useless Airways will really be awarded Rio...........

Umm... yes, they will. They are a new entrant, where as everyone else is not. They are also flying a new city pair. All told, they have a 99.9999% chance of being awarded this slot.

The 767-400 that will be leading the pack will be flown by Continental.. See you guys there!

Your CAL 764 is nonstop from IAH 3 days a week (the other 4 stop in GRU) and arrives at 1010am local (effective Feb 14th). Our 764 is daily from ATL nonstop, and arrives at 820am local. I think yours follows ours, and 4 days a week yours comes in 4 hours after ours. We'll save you some spots at the pool....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Your CAL 764 is nonstop from IAH 3 days a week (the other 4 stop in GRU) and arrives at 1010am local (effective Feb 14th). Our 764 is daily from ATL nonstop, and arrives at 820am local. I think yours follows ours, and 4 days a week yours comes in 4 hours after ours. We'll save you some spots at the pool....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Can your dad beat up his dad, too?

Funny thing is I was just being a smartass and throwing a little bomb out there. I'm glad the General took the time to look up this stuff and "clarify" it for all of us. Did he notice that we too have applied for a daily nonstop to GIG? I'll see him at the pool....

Funny thing is I was just being a smartass and throwing a little bomb out there. I'm glad the General took the time to look up this stuff and "clarify" it for all of us. Did he notice that we too have applied for a daily nonstop to GIG? I'll see him at the pool....

Did you learn something though? Sure you did. Hey, I can be a smartass too. As far as you applying for daily service, that is great.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The frequencies will almost definitely be awarded to CAL and LCC. IAH is one of the largest US markets for GIG and CLT-GIG is new service.

Last edited:
Would you two stop fighting and get a room? My bad a$$ Sky Nazi-pimped 763 will hose the both of yours. :smash:

Speaking of Rio, I snagged one of the last ones at the end of the month. Lucked out... the 767 loses JFK-GIG at the end of February. See you all at the pool. Anything good to do down there? First time there. Is it as dangerous as I've been told?

Last edited:
Umm... yes, they will. They are a new entrant, where as everyone else is not. They are also flying a new city pair. All told, they have a 99.9999% chance of being awarded this slot.

well they were a new entrant for Bogota and ClT-BOG was a new city pair as well. But they lost that one to Spirit and Jet Blue.

You know I was about to suggest to the General that both he and I shut up about GIG as I recall landing in GRU behind one of your 777's which also continued to GIG. We were running down there at about the same time yet you guys were doing it with a 777. We have to still offer the one-stop as our EWR 767 passangers connect to GIG through GRU. It works out pretty nicely for them as they land and walk next door where we are waiting in the 764 to take them down to GIG. Looks like we will be laying over more crews in GIG if we get the award. And thanks General for the lesson. My bid packet would have never informed me of the schedule... kidding. See all of you at the pool. If you've never been there I suggest you ask the other pilots on the trip about the layover fun that can be had. The Sheraton(where most of the us airlines stay) is very nice with several pools and a quick walk down the beach to all the spots. Just be careful on the downhill walk. I've walked past a dead guy who was just hit by a truck and left for dead. Interesting...

Latest resources

Back