US Air Pensions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

B1900DFO

US air got its final approval to terminate the old pension plan and proceed with a much cheaper one. Another article stated that Siegel's compensation (1.45mill) was approximately double that which Gangwall recieved the previous year. The top executives all got comparably large raises. Meanwhile pilots are getting pennies on the dollar of money which they ALREADY earned over 20-30 year time periods. Huh.....

Unbelievable ... just un-fuking-believable. :eek:

I'm usually a big fan of capitalism, I tend to spout "Econ 101!" a bit much, and I think there's often a little too much whining and not enough understanding of basic supply and demand 'round these parts ... but what the execs (Mullin, Bethune, Siegal, et al) have done over the past two years is nothing if not criminal. They're doubling their own salaries yet chopping payouts to the guys who built the Gawdd@mn company!

Shoot 'em ... I say.

Minh

If Bethune's a criminal, lock me up!

This is why bankruptcy is not a goal to be obtained, to achieve a "competitive advantage". Things get pretty freakin screwy when business decisions are made in a courtroom. Every airline bankruptcy has shafted lots of people, and not just the creditors. My sorrow goes out to the embattled Airways pilots. Snakum, you wouldn't know capitalism if it hit you in the face.

U talk the talk, can U walk the walk

This is a classic case of "Pigs at the Trough!"

This type of practice among company executives will continue forever unless the people of America do something about it. You think Mullin, Bethune, and Siegal are bad, you should try looking into the under the table dealings of the majority of politicians in the U.S.. Tom Daschle and Trent Lott are the "top sleazy pigs" of the animal farm in Washington D.C. They are pushed and rewarded by so many lobby groups, it's a wonder how they can sleep at night.

BTW, I'm not a left winger. I'm just sick of hearing about all these pigs on the news and nothing happens to them. They took Rigas away in handcuffs, but he won't do any time. What he did wasn't illegal, YET!!!!!

Try these sites if you want to do something about it and make a difference:

www.ourfuture.org

www.publicintegrity.org

www.opensecrets.org

www.citizenworks.org

www.commoncause.org

www.corporations.org

www.corpwatch.org

Take care and fly safe,

SR

hey skyrunner, is that you in your avaitar? and if it is what the heck are you doin? I hope your in a chute or paraglider or something, otherwise it looks like your tinkerbell skipping across a field of flowers. didn't know herc guys went that way.

Latest resources

Back