• Friendliest aviation community on the web

US Air long term outlook...

• Survive?

Votes: 250 43.2%
  • Fail?

Votes: 329 56.8%

• Total voters
airways and ual

taking a look at airways there is one common theme that exists since wolfee was there..."fix it up paint it and sell it!"
That was the plan prior to the merger and is still the plan. Bronner wants his a return on his
investment. Almost every move airways has made is from the post merger blue print:

1. furlough excess pilots
2. eliminate f100's md 80's 737-200's
3. reduce exposure in pit ie trng center and admin. (pit 737200 sitting in phx at the awa ctr)
4. take down of bwi (monopoly in Wash)
5. expand rj scope
6. expand intl out of clt and phl

Ronno Dutta (former ual mgmt) is a board member of the rsa and airways group.

UAL could find exit financing via Bronner thus securing the ATSB backing. Bronner can get a maximum rate
of return by fusing the two together. UAL needs to resolve its bond issues in SFO and LAX and the pensions.
Like it or not US Air is 37% of the air traffic east of the river. Couple that with UAL 's network out west
and the pacific it adds roughly 1 billion in added revenue to the combined carrier.
So Bronner will do whatever he can to combine the two so he can get his money. He also
holds the liens to 15-20 767's on the ual property.
Regarding the employees and sen integration, never easy but can be a win win if done properly.

Best of luck to those on the street and God Bless.

I'm buying the UAL-USAirways merger after their LCC creations. The only thing bothering me is the name.

United becomes "Ted"

US Airways becomes "Ways"

"WaysTed"???

merger

Davis,
I agree these guys are going to merge these two airlines just to prove they can do it. This has been planed for years. U drops the west coast ,Ted moves in,Ted builds big main. facility in IND U drops out, U drops IAD Ted moves in .Ted drops Tampa U moves in... U parks MD-80, F-100, F-28, B-737-200, DC-9...U only kept the matching fleets except the A330.Look at the inflight mags gate maps of both ,the routes barely over lap now.I believe U and Ted have done what the GOV said they would have to do to make the merger fly. They also used the BIG B to rape all parties concerned and to get the money for 500 rj's. Maby I'm wrong but it sure seems that someone wants these two airlines together.

yeah...the merger is going to happen.

Hey listen. Next time you guys fly with Chip and he offers you something that looks like kool-aid, politely decline.

I heard from this guy in CLT that knows this chick that knows a Delta pilot that knew this United guy and he said that Airways is a big crock of donkey pudding with a big fat cherry on top.

Whoever thought that downsizing to the point where you have to pay overtime to nearly all the pilots just to keep the metal, or for you airbus freaks, plastick, in the air.

It just keeps gettin' better and better. lets see how much more $ those geniouses in Crystal City need from the pilots to keep us flying.

Here's something to ponder.. Dave says that it is because of labor that Airways is losing money. If you took all the PDT and ALG pilots and (HYPOTHETICALLY ) they all flew 737's for Dash-8 wages, do you think miraculously that airways would turn any kind of profit? I say no. So now the Onus is on Management to get their Sheet together.

But, I thought that USAirways was doing well and there was no chance of liquidation......

Good thing they bought AWA! :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Latest resources

Back