US Air idiosyncrasies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally Posted by learflyer
This is true. Always wondered how SWA loads em' up, and kicks em' out so fast.

Some people like the "fall of Saigon" boarding and deplaning process.

Some people like the "fall of Saigon" boarding and deplaning process.

For those of you who don't know, the SWA boarding process goes something like this....

First, all the Customers are divided up into 3 boarding groups...the "A" boarding group, the "B" boarding group and the "C" boarding group.

The first groups that gets to board are the pre-boarders....those in wheelchairs, those with small children, etc.

then the call is made for the "A" boarding group....once they are on board, the call is made for the "B" group and so on...

I have seen some video of the actual fall of Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City?) and the mele that took place just outside of the American Embassy. People crying, clashing with each other to get in first, families tearfully allowing their kids to get on aricraft while they stayed behind to an unknown future....I've not seen anything remotely close to that here.

When SWA announced they were going to test assigned seating, many of the regular, and corporate Customers let the company know they were happy with the current boarding process. SWA also found out the assigned seating did not improve the acft turn times.

Where do you get your information?

Cabin crew are not there to be "eye candy" they are there for your safety...that "old bag" experience might well save your life someday...think about it!!

Cabin crew are not there to be "eye candy" they are there for your safety...that "old bag" experience might well save your life someday...think about it!!

I agree with you, but since you’re talking safety let me mention something else that does not make sense to me. I find it very strange that at most airlines you’ll see all those non-rev’ing pilots and flight attendants riding in the back of the airplane but NOT in the emergency exits.

Some airlines charge the passengers extra for the “privilege” of sitting in the emergency exit row so the extra large passengers end up purchasing those seats.

Other airlines just randomly assign those seats to the passengers they think will need the extra space, usually the gate agents give those away to extra tall and/or heavy passengers.

Some (SWA) will not allow anyone who pre-boards (including pilots) to take those seats. If you are boarding in group A for example by the time you introduce yourself to the crew, get captain’s permission, etc, the emergency exits are long gone. I have commuted on SWA for years and they have always been great to me but I know this is a change from the past and I think it has to do with the ADA act? In the past, if you pre-boarded as a pilot you were still welcomed to take the emergency seat.

I know I am a little selfish here, but wouldn’t it make more sense to have crew members who actually practice opening emergency exit doors on different aircraft at least once a year during their recurrent and who have the knowledge of emergency exit procedures to be the “preferred occupants” of those seats?

Fire away!

you are spot on, we have some of the most unfortunate looking FA´s in the world. Human resources seems to target young gay guys and 50-70 year old ladies who look like they have been chain smokers their whole life. Oh well. Atleast we make the big bucks....lol

WE DO????
Sheeesh...No one told me!!;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

WE DO????
Sheeesh...No one told me!!;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

i was being SARCASTIC..........Our pay sucks and our negotiators are afraid to even ASK for SWA pay or match AAs proposal, because that would cost the company money...lol....

Latest resources

Back