Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Midnight Flyer

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I've been traveling on US Air as a passenger alot over the last couple months from the east to the west coast, connecting through Phoenix. Seems like it's difficult to find any young cute US Air flight attendants anymore. There was a particular flight attendant on my most recent flight that looked like Barbara Bush, and she was the best looking out of them all . Definitely no eye candy. Is that due to the junior young hot flight attendants being laid off and only the senior galley hags remain?
Also, for you US Air guys, any idea why it usually takes close to 5 minutes for them to get the forward door open? This is not just a PHX thing, it seems to be that way at every city I've flown to on US Air. On SouthWest it seems like the door is opened and people walk off the aircraft around 30 seconds after the seatbelt sign turned off.

I've been traveling on US Air as a passenger alot over the last couple months from the east to the west coast, connecting through Phoenix. Seems like it's difficult to find any young cute US Air flight attendants anymore. There was a particular flight attendant on my most recent flight that looked like Barbara Bush, and she was the best looking out of them all . Definitely no eye candy. Is that due to the junior young hot flight attendants being laid off and only the senior galley hags remain?
Also, for you US Air guys, any idea why it usually takes close to 5 minutes for them to get the forward door open? This is not just a PHX thing, it seems to be that way at every city I've flown to on US Air. On SouthWest it seems like the door is opened and people walk off the aircraft around 30 seconds after the seatbelt sign turned off.

We do have our fair share of older gals as is the case with most carriers including SWA. We do have a good amount of cuties as well however they are JR and usually sitting hot res in LAS.

Now as for the jetways it seems to me that this company is going to have to pony up some dollars to get the service our pax deserve. The carpet baggers in this industry have stolen from the rank and file for far too long and many in this and other industries have had enough.

WD.

Last edited:
I've always gotten good service riding in the back on US Air. Just no eye candy ;).

I noticed (again, only in PHX) the mechanics riding around the ramp on three-wheeler tricycle bikes with baskets on the back of them. The concept is very gay, but operationally it makes total sense.
Those bicycles remind me of a mentally challenged individual who used to live in our neighborhood. He would spend the day riding up and down our street on his three-wheeled tricycle bike with one of those tall flexible orange triangle flags on the back.

This is true. Always wondered how SWA loads em' up, and kicks em' out so fast.

I guess since all we fly are 73's, it's a little easier to move the jetway. It's a forward and backward motion with the jetway.... so it's quick. I remember back at us air, if the last plane on the gate was like a 319 or something, it took a little bit longer to move the jetway not only back and forth, but up and down, and left and right if a different type of aircraft like a 75 pulled in. I don't know if that made any sense.

I guess since all we fly are 73's, it's a little easier to move the jetway. It's a forward and backward motion with the jetway.... so it's quick. I remember back at us air, if the last plane on the gate was like a 319 or something, it took a little bit longer to move the jetway not only back and forth, but up and down, and left and right if a different type of aircraft like a 75 pulled in. I don't know if that made any sense.
you would think the agents would at least know what type of plane it is they're standing around waiting on. Maybe they can position the jetbridge before the a/c arrives, to be in a better spot .

I've always gotten good service riding in the back on US Air. Just no eye candy ;).

you are spot on, we have some of the most unfortunate looking FA´s in the world. Human resources seems to target young gay guys and 50-70 year old ladies who look like they have been chain smokers their whole life. Oh well. Atleast we make the big bucks....lol

This is america Charlie Brown. We (sadly) have laws here where we cannot fire F/As when they get old, ugly, and/or washed up...like all the euro and asia carriers can (unless their labor laws say otherwise, but judging on the quality and looks of those from Europe, I don't think such laws exist :smash:)

Last edited:
so sad.... we arrived Sat.6/23 with a Doctor taking care of a stroke victim on board A22. Still took over 10 minutes for the jetway.(and we were told there would be no one there)

you are spot on, we have some of the most unfortunate looking FA´s in the world. Human resources seems to target young gay guys and 50-70 year old ladies who look like they have been chain smokers their whole life. Oh well. Atleast we make the big bucks....lol

That's the picture here. WTF? Do we have some gay guy doing the hiring here? I had a FA, who was in her 50's, who need somebody else to get her bags in and out of the overhead... How is she supposed to pick up an overwing exit? I guarantee the pax don't like to see a bunch of dudes or old grumpy ladies serving them. Oh well.

Latest resources

Back