Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air Furloughees – Would you come West?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MK82Man

The West Side of the House is having an upgrade bid (closing early Aug) for 49 Captains. 40 in the Bus and 9 in the 757. My GUESS is that we can’t pull 50 FOs out of our current stack and keep Operations running normal. 50 FOs pulled into Captain training will either result in furlough recalls to the West certificate (per the transition agreement) or new hires to the Bus at the old AWA. For East Furloughees, you would be hired at AWA and work under our contract, IE, you’d make the West pay with all of our rules. You just have to go through re-currency training and I assume some sort of West Ops familiarization. You’d keep your East Coast number, get a West Coast number (placed on our list in case the cookie crumbles down the road), and keep the arbitrated number on the combined seniority list. You’d probably be on reserve out West (no telling how long due to the quagmire we are in right now). You’d be domiciled in PHX or LAS. I have no idea how they would offer East Coast Furloughees the chance to come West since the training would be done on our side of the street. I suppose you’d just get a call that says this is a recall notice to the West side of the house and you’d either accept or not. Since they are sending out 300 more take it or leave it notices to the East side, I’m guessing this scenario could unfold for folks who don’t get that letter since it would most likely be late August or September till West Coast offers could occur (training to probably be Oct - Dec). If we couldn’t get enough recalls from the East side to fill training, I guess we would just do new hire training. Anyway, I would hope this could be a good deal for some of you and we’d welcome you out West. Wondering how many would want to work for the old AWA crowd in PHX or LAS, or would your try to rejoin the East side with all the current problems? I still predict new hires to US Airways in Jan – Mar in 2008 based on the acceptance rates from Furloughees to East Coast training.

good gawd man - split that behemoth up into a couple of paragraphs!

You must be on reserve to put that much thought into this crap.

So I guess your answer is no?

PHXFLYR

I'm a Westie - have no input.

I am wondering why they are not just waiting till the vacancy bid is closed and backfilling the west positions with the poolies. They were not hired to fly on the east coast on RJs.

The West Side of the House is having an upgrade bid (closing early Aug) for 49 Captains. 40 in the Bus and 9 in the 757. My GUESS is that we can’t pull 50 FOs out of our current stack and keep Operations running normal. 50 FOs pulled into Captain training will either result in furlough recalls to the West certificate (per the transition agreement) or new hires to the Bus at the old AWA. For East Furloughees, you would be hired at AWA and work under our contract, IE, you’d make the West pay with all of our rules. You just have to go through re-currency training and I assume some sort of West Ops familiarization. You’d keep your East Coast number, get a West Coast number (placed on our list in case the cookie crumbles down the road), and keep the arbitrated number on the combined seniority list. You’d probably be on reserve out West (no telling how long due to the quagmire we are in right now). You’d be domiciled in PHX or LAS. I have no idea how they would offer East Coast Furloughees the chance to come West since the training would be done on our side of the street. I suppose you’d just get a call that says this is a recall notice to the West side of the house and you’d either accept or not. Since they are sending out 300 more take it or leave it notices to the East side, I’m guessing this scenario could unfold for folks who don’t get that letter since it would most likely be late August or September till West Coast offers could occur (training to probably be Oct - Dec). If we couldn’t get enough recalls from the East side to fill training, I guess we would just do new hire training. Anyway, I would hope this could be a good deal for some of you and we’d welcome you out West. Wondering how many would want to work for the old AWA crowd in PHX or LAS, or would your try to rejoin the East side with all the current problems? I still predict new hires to US Airways in Jan – Mar in 2008 based on the acceptance rates from Furloughees to East Coast training.

Where did you hear 49 upgrades? I spoke with Ernie
two days ago and he said no descsion was made regarding how many.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Where did you hear 49 upgrades? I spoke with Ernie
two days ago and he said no descsion was made regarding how many.

PHXFLYR:cool:

That was problem number one, always call me before calling Ernie!!!

Yes those numbers are official my brother.

WD.

I'm a poolie ... interviewed for AWA and would prefer AWA but am planning on attending the 8/27 E190 class in CLT. My preference would be to go to the West side initially but in 12 months after the E190 seat lock do you think that there will be the opportunity / availability to be based in PHX?

What is the prediction on upgrade time for the combined USAirways for someone in my position (regardless of base)?

In 12 months, could I realistically hold a 757/767/A330 (regardless of base)?

Do you get paid PerDiem while in training on the East side?

How did the lists end up getting merged? I'm guessing that new hires are being placed after the last furloughed USAirways pilot (as they should be) ... So, my seniority number will obviously the bottom but did US Airways Express pilots (PSA etc) get mainline #s on the mainline list?

Thanks for the information ...

2slo

Latest resources

Back