US Air Application Window

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought there was a pilot shortage?

I'll believe in the pilot shortage when I see it. There will always be competition at the majors/legacy carriers and other good flying jobs.

I have meet many pilots who have left the industry for greener pastures. From my observation, I feel we have shortage of pilots who are willing to work for substandard pay and unprofessional treatment in this country.

I don't understand why these major airlines, that need all these people, cannot get their job offers to make sense.

For example, I have about 5000 ME jet, but I don't qualify for USAir...because they want "Minimum Qualifications
- 1500 hours of combined turboprop and turbojet flight time"
I have 0 turboprop hours, so I am not qualified, according to the person(s) that wrote this ad... it says I need both jet AND turboprop flight time.

Oh come on. They are saying they want 1500 turbine time and it can be turboprop or jet or a combination of both. Poorly written perhaps, but easily understandable.

I'll believe in the pilot shortage when I see it. There will always be competition at the majors/legacy carriers and other good flying jobs.

I have meet many pilots who have left the industry for greener pastures. From my observation, I feel we have shortage of pilots who are willing to work for substandard pay and unprofessional treatment in this country.
Amen brother!!!

Just noticed my app went from "under review" to "position filled", yet the job is still open on the website. Anyone else seen this?

yeah they need to take a lesson from Ornstein. His method is to keep lowering the pay until no one applies and then bump it up a couple dollars.

Just noticed my app went from "under review" to "position filled", yet the job is still open on the website. Anyone else seen this?
Just looked at my app, still says under review for me. Are you a CA? How much time do you have? I'm around 7000TT with 5500 Turbine Jet 400TPIC and counting.

I applied during the window in December. I February, I got an e-mail basically stating that the job was no longer available. That application got moved to Archived. I applied with this most recent opening on Monday. Today, the app I filled out on Monday still says "Under Review", yet they've moved my app from December to the first page. Not quite sure what it is, but the most recent app is still showing under review. Did you fill out a new app on Monday? Maybe they're purging the old apps.

Does anyone know how long after the application window is open do they start calling people for interviews? Also I would be a commuter but I refuse to commute so the fam and I would be moving. Out of the US east bases my first guess for best place to live would be CLT. If a merger happened, I would want ord but i am sure with fences it would take years so CLT would probably be home.

Detroit, in a merger, CLT may well be gone. I wouldn't sweat domiciles at this point in your interview process....

But your no-commute stance is a good one. You'll live longer and be MUCH happier!

Ultra

Latest resources

Back