• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US 1549 ATC Audio

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It must throw the controller off a bit... handling a disabled inbound and continuing to provide vector/heading assignments to everyone else.

Very calm, decisive and concise communications by the crew. Textbook style Kudos.

It must throw the controller off a bit... handling a disabled inbound and continuing to provide vector/heading assignments to everyone else.

Very calm, decisive and concise communications by the crew. Textbook style Kudos.

Say what you will about the NY airports and system, I've always thought their controllers are better by a large margin than anywhere else at getting the job done when things get a little nuts.

It's interesting they use the term "Re-recording". I thought it was going to be a re-enactment type thing but it is the actual recording.

I think they owe this controller tickets to the next Superbowl since I am guessing he didn't get to go to this one.
Well done NY.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but I heard the controller's demeanor change significantly when he lost contact. It was as if I could hear him saying to himself, "A plane I was controlling went down with a lot of lives." I wish I could have a recording of him when he got the news that they were all safe.

Latest resources

Back