Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPT "Checkrides": How Long and Where are Records Kept?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know one guy from my old active duty unit who decided to "disagree" with his interviewer over whether his busted T-37 ride in UPT was a "real" checkride.

The interviewer said Yes, he insisted No (during the interview).

Guess what color airplane he's been flying for the last three years.

Please stop telling guys to worry about busted UPT rides and cover them up. It will only make you nervous during the interview (assuming you have a conscious about such things) worrying whether they know or not.

However, to answer your question - it depends on how motivated they are. I asked this question at the end of UPT and was told that your UPT training folder is sent to the government "Archives in St. Louis, Missouri" when you finish UPT. How long it is kept there, I do not know. I am pretty sure that the only way that it would get dug out is if you perpetrated some heinous crime or massive aerial disaster requiring an examination of your entire flying career. The only "checkride" that is in your public official military record, however, is your last checkride written on a "Form 8" that starts your adult USAF flying career.

Aviation is a very small world, and you never know if one of your old "buds" from UPT or an old instructor remembers you name when your package is going thru the airline's decision board, or even worse, sits down across the table from you.

Last edited:
SirFlyALot said:
Please let me be clear. I am not asking about the wisdom of telling an airline about a UPT bust.
Yes you are. Don't quibble.

Checks

Just had this conversation with our registrar. He keeps all UPT records (at least T-37 records) on site for 1 year then destroys them. Not sure about 38's or T-1's...

Semper Fi

I was asked about UPT checkrides during an interview. I answered honestly.....that I did bust one (I check in tweets). Non issue. I was offered the job.

I believe there is a form that is sent out with the Check ride results. Can't remeber the number. 1021? 40something? Any way fully cocncur with the above advice on being honest, esp with upt xrides.

Latest resources

Back