UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KingAirGuy

It seems the big Teamsters strike has been averted and UPS is going to mediation with the mecs. Not sure about what is up with the Pilots negotations.

All that said. Any news about interviewing and or hiring at Big Brown anytime soon? I have a couple buds there and have heard big numbers for hiring. Anybody? anybody? Buler?

As far as Pilot negotiations go they start in a couple of months. Hopefully, they go well. I've heard they are going to start in late Fall and hire 250 next year, However, this is only Rumor. GOOD LUCk

I hope it's true, but I don't think UPS can start classes in late fall and still train 250 pilots. Also, they historically don't have classes that start in December.

I have heard that most likely we won't hire for the remainder of this year. I have heard similar rumors of hiring for next year. But the whisper number I heard was 350. So who knows.

We are taking delivery of around 19 aircraft next year (tentatively) but things can change. We are understaffed now and need some fresh faces soon.

Good luck all.

From what I've heard, there are 2 more MD-11's to come this fall, three more next year and 10 A300's to come next year as well.

If that delivery schedule stays in place, perhaps some of us poolies will make it out of the water in the not too distant future.

traditional UPS

currious, although my time may be a bit low, its all pic. a thousand of it turbine multi. been running a feeder route for ups and really currious about what they want to see in an applicant. i wouldnt doubt its more than what i got but id like to know what to work for. im guessing an intermediate step at a regional or something before hitting up big brown. any UPS-ers on here been to BUF? youve prolly seen me.

any additional info would be fabalusss...

Airpiraterob,

Is N710NH still around, I am guessing that you are flying for a cargo carrier that I once worked for.

The other night I went to a communication meeting. It was conducted by the SDF chief pilot and a couple of acp's. They opened it up with questions to start off, and the first questions were 1. how many a/c next year. 2. how many new hires.

The answers were 12 a/c - 8 a300's and 4 md11s. No newhires in 2002 and 2003. Now personally I don't see how this is possible. We just don't have the pilots.

This is what they said, but things change daily. So don't get too upset about it.

Good luck

I'm looking for a friend from flight school named Dean Carico who either did or does work for UPS. He used to live in King, NC but I don't have his number anymore. If anyone knows how I could contact him please send me PM and I'll get you my e-mail.

Thanks

Tom

Two weeks ago I spoke to one of our Union line pilots who manages a staffing data base. He showed me on his PC that UPS will be well below adequate staffing in the spring if they don't hire 30-50 this fall. While management is aware of this model and respects its' credibility, noone knows whether they will respond to the indications.

As for the feeder pilot who flew through Buf, the most important things in getting hired are the 1,000 hours turbine PIC time (which you have) and having several recommendations. Your total time is not as "insignificant" as you may think (IMHO). Please PM me if I can help you in any way. I've done lotsa time in the Buf gateway.

Latest resources

Back