Ups

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hyeflyin

Looking to get some on info on the reserve policy at UPS. How long is the call-out time? What is the normal days off? Also how many pilots are based out of ONT? Is it the most senior base? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance...

All the bases are senior. Reserve blocks are up to 16 days in a row followed by 12 off. Some 8 on 6 off and other mixes as well. There are two types of reserve, a short call and a call in. On short call you have 1.5 hours to sign in. Call in guys call in during a window and are assigned or released until the next days window. Call in sounds great but if they want to they just assign short call reserve. They can do that to you up to six times a pay period. That pretty much makes call in a joke although when they are staffed it works out ok. The reserve times are labled A or B. A reserve goes on call at 11 pm Louisivile time and stop at noon. B reserves go on at 11 am Louisville time and stop at midnight. Call in periods are the same. You have a twelve hour window in which to call but before you get to excited about that you have to call in the day before your reserve starts.

Our "clubhouse" domicile, ONT, has 120 crews-- all 757/767. Split domestic/international flying.

We love being far removed from "Mecca" (Louisville) :)

Ive been on reserve for almost 3 years, I fly about 1-2 times a month, usually no more than an out and back in, week long reserve assignments are rare at best. If you commute, Life sux, If you bite the bullet and move to SDF. It aint so bad... I usually have to displace a pilot to get my mandated flight times or I go and do a PC. Its the case with most the crews here on reserve on the 727, DC8, or 747. I dont really knwo about the rest...

Any idea if the negotiators are seeking language improvement for the reserve system in the new contract?

i.e. More commuter friendly?

LGAPilot

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back