• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ups

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any one getting an interview without the Trans-oceanic experience?????

Yes, they take them from the applications filled out before the new requirement took effect. Rumor has it that the transoceanic requirement was just temporary and when the window reopens in the next few weeks or months – it’ll be gone.

Huh? Not sure what you're saying?...pilots without transoceanic experience? ...or which classes are you talking about?

Per a captain I talked to, he said the number of guys that were hired with that as an application requirement totaled 2 new hire classes. True? I have no idea.

Per a captain I talked to, he said the number of guys that were hired with that as an application requirement totaled 2 new hire classes. True? I have no idea.

I see. Well, I wish they hired more guys without the transoceanic experience but looking at the backgrounds of the new hires in the last 6 months or so, it looks like a couple of guys at the very most per class…

AV8OR, what's your opinion regarding having heavy, Trans-oceanic time, compared to college degrees?
I have only an AS, but 747 trans-oceanic experience??

thanks

AV8OR, what's your opinion regarding having heavy, Trans-oceanic time, compared to college degrees?
I have only an AS, but 747 trans-oceanic experience??

thanks
I’ll be glad to give you my opinion as long as you remember that I’m just a nobody @ the bottom of the barrel, so I’m not sure you really want to listen to my advice.

I used to help out with recruiting at a small regional airline and it was pretty common to see pilots with a 2-year degree only. I always told them to keep flying, keep building the pic time (in your case even better - heavy jet experience) AND in the meantime to finish the 4-year degree online. Remember it can be ANY kind of degree, aerospace, music, mass communications; heck even liberal-bias mass media degree will do ;)

My reasoning is that you do not want to limit yourself to airlines that don't require a 4-year degree. Sometimes, the fact you’re “working” on finishing your degree might be enough to get you an interview (a job fair would be a perfect venue to explain your situation). Either way, sounds like you’re doing well, however I think it never hurts to be able to mark off the BS degree box on an application. Good luck to you!

thanks I accept anyone's advice, I appreciate it all. I just don't have alot of extra money now for one.
But is it true that pilots have been hired without the degree at UPS, considering their experience, ie. heavy time, oceanic, etc.?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back