• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ups

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't figure out how to submit a resume or are they just not taking them? So you need your FE written and 1000 TPIC. Is there a minimum total time requirement too? Anything else that you might need to be able to apply? Thanks in advance.

Go to www.airlinepilotcentral.com, then select Cargo in the box on the right, then scroll down and select UPS. That page will display all the current requirements plus a breakdown of fleet types, domiciles, and recent news.

Last edited:
I specifically asked the question about the FE written and it being current at the ATL job fair back in OCT 06 and the recruiter said it was fine and current thru the 121 waiver. No other action necessary.

SKIPPY

Guam – I wish I knew which university is the best and the cheapest to go to, however I really don’t. My former university MTSU has numerous online courses but I am not sure if you could complete the entire degree online. I googled “accredited online BS degree” and came up with several great links. Choose the cheapest one and also one that gives you most credits for the courses you've taken in the past. I hope someone here with better information will give you some additional feedback.

http://www.educationdegreesource.com/degree_levels_page.php?level_id=2

Thanks guys, AV8OR and Lil' J, I am still in sim here in KYIP so when I finish training I will start something.

...and sorry for highjacking the thread.

Yes it is and it must be taken within last 24 months (in other words they do not accept the part 121 airline exemption) You’ll probably never work as an FE but they stil want you to have the FE written…

Unless 65 passes and all the guys go back to the left seat. Let's pray the company pays them off to leave or stay in the FE seat.

Thanks for the explanation AV8 and Biff. I wondered if I was just missing the link on the webpage.

I specifically asked the question about the FE written and it being current at the ATL job fair back in OCT 06 and the recruiter said it was fine and current thru the 121 waiver. No other action necessary.
SKIPPY

So did I and was told something totally opposite - go figure, but I'm here now! Also, during my interview I was not asked if I had a current FE written (they had the original copy of it in a pile of forms in front of them) but if it's been more than 24 months since I took it. That implies to me they do want you to have a current FE written, not an old, part-121 waived one... Either way, take the gamble; it's only a multimillion dollar job offer, right? ;)

I went to an AIRInc and also a WAI conference, I talked to PM and PD.

Last edited:
I got called last week by BT for an interview. I told him my FEw was over 2 years old and asked if I needed to get a current one before my interview. He told me that as long as I have been employed by a 121 carrier, they would except my FE writtten even though it is over 2 years old.

Oh well, like I said I was told something different at 2 different job fairs but BT is the man and he knows what he's talking about, so it sounds to me like you can save the 90 bucks.

Good luck at your interview btw.

I got called last week by BT for an interview. I told him my FEw was over 2 years old and asked if I needed to get a current one before my interview. He told me that as long as I have been employed by a 121 carrier, they would except my FE writtten even though it is over 2 years old.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back