• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS to stop hiring!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look at the source, my old buddy hem-rhoid, brain damage and all. Although he may have heard something, what with spending all that time on his knees under some manager's desk..

I just talked to an individual that has a class date on Jan 29 and she was told by the company that they are retiring all 727 (17) in the next year and replacing them with the 767 and then adding more. According to her, UPS is going to get 60 767 in the next 5 years. That doesn't sound like they are going to stop hiring.

where are we getting all these 767s?

Threads like this one are complete bull sh1t...

I spent 30 minutes with Sharnika yeasterday (supervisor Pilot Recruitment)and she told me that "as far as Pilot Recruitment knows" they are still planning hiring as many pilots as they were before the 727 announcement came out. Class of 9 to start on Feb 7th or 8th or 9th... I cant remember what date I saw on the board, but the class had names assigned already. No, I dont remember the names... I know that PR is usually the last ones to know when and how many pilots they will hire, but as far as what they know now, they are still in "hiring" mode...

Talk and rumor from line pilots and managers who THINK they know whats going to happen is just that "talk" none of these wennies know what they hell they are talking about... If I want to know about Pilot Hiring, Ill take my advice from Sharnika, Phil Donahue, Chris WIlliams or any of the Training Center Managers for each fleet... All the others are FOS...

BBDC8

UPS is so f-ed up that they just started a 727 initial class 2 days ago! Probationary 727 crewmembers are being called now and are being involuntarily displaced to other fleets.

Talk and rumor from line pilots and managers who THINK they know whats going to happen is just that "talk" none of these wennies know what they hell they are talking about... If I want to know about Pilot Hiring, Ill take my advice from Sharnika, Phil Donahue, Chris WIlliams or any of the Training Center Managers for each fleet... All the others are FOS...

BBDC8

I bet the van drivers know. They know everything... ;)

UPS is so f-ed up that they just started a 727 initial class 2 days ago! Probationary 727 crewmembers are being called now and are being involuntarily displaced to other fleets.

Again....source please.

You never answered my last question. Are you employed by UPS as a line pilot, management, or none of the above?

Latest resources

Back