Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS To Hire 200 More Pilots in '05 (Total 300)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Big Beer Belly

A number of us line slugs have been predicting this for a while. With retirements, aircraft acquisitions, Menlo, China ... the company has to hire. Look for substantial hiring for several years as well as a new fleet type announcement later this year (747-400, or 777). Good luck to all applicants!

===============================================

UPS today announced it will hire an additional 200 pilots to support the growth and expansion of its air business.

This announcement brings the total number of UPS's new pilot hires to 300 when combined with the 100 new pilot hires the company announced in October 2004. The company expects to complete its hiring process by the end of the year.

UPS's decision to hire additional pilots is driven by several business factors including attrition and recent aircraft acquisitions. The company continues to evaluate staffing levels to meet the needs of its business.

"UPS sees growth opportunities for our air business in the years ahead," said Bob Lekites, vice president of UPS Airlines and international operations. "We want to ensure that we continue to run the most reliable and safest airline in support of that growth."

UPS's domestic overnight and international air businesses have been growing strongly. During the fourth quarter of 2004, for example, U.S. domestic overnight volume grew 4.1% and average daily international export volume rose 13.5%, with Asia export volume up 34% and export volume out of China up 125% compared to the prior year.

UPS's international route structure continues to grow with 12 new China flights. In addition, new aircraft are being added to the fleet. UPS expects delivery of 13 A300s and 11 MD-11 aircraft during the next two years. The company also recently announced the acquisition of 10 Airbus A380s which it plans to begin flying in 2009.

"We continually evaluate and adjust the company?s air network to meet the needs of our customers," Lekites added. "Our strong growth has increased our need for additional aircraft and pilots."

I think it's a 1/4 mile vis. for a Cat I. . . . . 1200 RVR for a Cat II
Ba-Doom-Chi!!. . .
I'll be in town all week, be sure to tip you moderators. . .

Keep the hiring going...oh and while your at it see if you can get that contact finished:D

I thought I saw some posts on here that flying the "backside of the clock" takes years off your life.
Doesn't UPS fly on the "backside" of the clock?
And just where is this "clock", anyway??
So much good information here on Flightinfo. . .

Hey Purpletail,

You are more than welcome to get your contract done first. I am sure we'll get ours done shortly after yours.

Cheers!

Captain Overs said:
Isn't CAT I a 1/2 mile not 1/4? Maybe you should stick to comedy.
Thanks for the update, my PT isn't for another month. . . besides, it's written on the Jepp chart for each approach, right??

BrownTailGuy said:
Hey Purpletail,

You are more than welcome to get your contract done first. I am sure we'll get ours done shortly after yours.

Cheers!

But yours was amendable first so the honor is all yours:) If you are waiting on us and we are waiting on you we aren't going to get much done this year. Lets kick'em in the balls together:p

Latest resources

Back