• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS to furlough 300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But Barry Hussein Obama told us the recession was over!

Why worry about the economy when we have something as simple as Health Care to take care of?

Rough news. Good luck to the UPS pilots out there. Let's hope Barry gets his priorities straight this time around...

Yeah, let's blame the president for corporate greed. UPS only made a few billion, down from many billion. They could only pay a $.45 dividend when wall street wanted much more.

Don't forget to blame the cigarette makers for your lung cancer and Hostess for your mega sized buttocks!

Is it possible for UPS guys to drop their average lines down so no pilots gets furloughed or is everyone already flying a reduced schedule?

That is what 67% of the pilots were doing voluntarily to a tune of 130 mil. Company decided it wasn't enough and canceled it. What they are really after, and have stated, is opening the contract. Um....no.

As far as getting pilots to retire early, nothing substantial. Just an extra year of A fund credit.

But Barry Hussein Obama told us the recession was over!

Why don't you blame Obama for the harsh winter weather in the mid Atlantic? Why is it his fault what happened at UPS? Big Business and corporate greed has done this. Or do you just need a scapegoat somewhere? UPS is still making profits.
The downfall was our economy boomed under over inflated prices, corporate greed and big business running everything and credit. It was a psuedo economic boom. This was all the while on the backs of employees. During the 2000's prices of everything shot up and wages stagnated. People were forced to borrow and big business and banks did not see the big picture that sooner or later, that money had to be paid back. We were told if you don't like the price of gas, walk! Don't like the rising prices of food? Don't eat. And I if you don't like the prices of houses? Sleep in the street.
So, why is this the Obama administration's fault? He inhereted (sp) this mess left by a Republican dominated regime. But people are stupid and short sighted and will put them right back in office in 2012

I'm sorry for the guys, that was the dream job that many sought as their career goal. I guess there is no such thing in aviation as a secure flying job.

Why don't you blame Obama for the harsh winter weather in the mid Atlantic? Why is it his fault what happened at UPS? Big Business and corporate greed has done this. Or do you just need a scapegoat somewhere? UPS is still making profits.
The downfall was our economy boomed under over inflated prices, corporate greed and big business running everything and credit. It was a psuedo economic boom. This was all the while on the backs of employees. During the 2000's prices of everything shot up and wages stagnated. People were forced to borrow and big business and banks did not see the big picture that sooner or later, that money had to be paid back. We were told if you don't like the price of gas, walk! Don't like the rising prices of food? Don't eat. And I if you don't like the prices of houses? Sleep in the street.
So, why is this the Obama administration's fault? He inhereted (sp) this mess left by a Republican dominated regime. But people are stupid and short sighted and will put them right back in office in 2012

You need to calm down, your shrill voice is annoying. That republican regime is partially to blame, but the congress,(who appropriates the money) was democrat controlled for a big part of that time. Can you say Barney Franks and Chris Dodd? They are almost single handily responsible for the housing debacle. Just putting the blame where it belongs, on everyone in Washington. Anyway, best to all the UPS folks, they were good to ABX when we needed their support.

Sorry to hear the bad news.. I along with 495 other pilots were furloughed in Jan 2010. I can tell you that it is a tough market for flying jobs out here.. Unless you have types in all the airframes a company flys, 5000 hours in each of those types as PIC, and a shuttle lauch and landing, you will be underqualified for any flying jobs.

If you are considering undercutting your professional self and applying to a regional, your application will not even make it to past the send button as you are tagged witht the lable of FURLOUGHED.. You will be competing with ERAU grads and they will get the job before you... This is not hearsay.. this is what is happening out here right now.

Sorry to hear the bad news.. I along with 495 other pilots were furloughed in Jan 2010. I can tell you that it is a tough market for flying jobs out here.. Unless you have types in all the airframes a company flys, 5000 hours in each of those types as PIC, and a shuttle lauch and landing, you will be underqualified for any flying jobs.

If you are considering undercutting your professional self and applying to a regional, your application will not even make it to past the send button as you are tagged witht the lable of FURLOUGHED.. You will be competing with ERAU grads and they will get the job before you... This is not hearsay.. this is what is happening out here right now.

Yep, I agree and to add insult to injury be prepared to receive rejection letters from non aviation job's for many of the same reasons. Your over qualified or your skill set does not match. They are just polite ways of saying we know you are headed back to flying at the first chance you get so we don't want you. Time for me to go take my frustration out on another foot of snow. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Regionals don't want experienced furloughed pilots. You know too much. You won't put up with the piles of BS like a newly minted pilot mill grad will. You expect too much, like planes that work, real rest periods and non-fatiguing schedules. You might even help form a union, or better organize the current union with your experience.

Regional airlines want warm bodies, with the appropriate ratings with pilots who wont question what they are told. They want pilots hungry for flight time, willing to work as hard $5 whore. You are not needed in the regional ranks. HR knows this.

Latest resources

Back