UPS To Expand Air Freight Network

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SlapShot said:
What happens to the independent contractors that fly for Menlo?

I'm sure most of them will find other contracts to fly for. Many will probably seek work overseas. Tradewinds and Express.Net already do a lot of Asian flying.

FreightNazi said:
Why do say that? We need a 20% raise just to get back even with inflation. It'll sure be better than your 3% Fred offered! :) You guys should be hoping we get that and more then you can try and better that in your new contract. Good luck to you guys.
That offer was never meant for the pilots. It was written for my neighbors here in MEM. They slid it across the table late Friday afternoon, then "leaked" to the Commercial Appeal Monday morning. The "bonuses" are just copies of the median annual income of people living in Shelby county.

Whale Rider said:
Funny how this article of expansion says nothing of Polar or Cherry picking.......Hahahaha!!!!:rolleyes:

Why would it? Like I said before, if you are speculating about it and Brown hasn't said anything official, than chances are it will never occur. They keep the tightest secrets in the secrets business. If you hear about it and they haven't said anything, it's just a rumor.

UPS (NYSE:UPS) today announced plans to construct five regional
freight hubs at airports across the country.
I'm a little confused? Doesn't UPS already have "Air Hubs" at those airports? I thought CAE, PHL, ONT, RFD, and DAL were "Air Hubs"? Does this mean these will now become crew bases too?

V-STALL said:
I'm a little confused? Doesn't UPS already have "Air Hubs" at those airports? I thought CAE, PHL, ONT, RFD, and DAL were "Air Hubs"? Does this mean these will now become crew bases too?
These are currently package hubs.

The new facilities will handle the freight UPS will be moving as a result of the Menlo acquisition.

Rory

Latest resources

Back