Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

80for80

global synchronizer
The latest rumor around UPS is that they are talking to Embraer to launch a cargo version of the EMB-170/190 aircraft.

The latest rumor around UPS is that they are talking to Embraer to launch a cargo version of the EMB-170/190 aircraft.

As long as their flown by UPS pilots! If they try to outsource, I say we show up to UPS's headquarters with pitchforks!

Some airlines in Europe are starting to convert CRJs into cargo versions. I think it was Cimber air or some airline in Scandinavia. I read an article that said large cargo operators need small jets for small amounts of cargo to cover 500-1000 mile runs where flying larger aircraft wouldn't make any sense.

If this rumor comes true, UPS' single pay scale would be great. Imagine $223/hr to fly an RJ!

12,000 lbs of cargo in a CRJ would put you real close to landing limit. Curious though, would some sort of container loading system be used, or would you load Chinise Fire drill style and net it off.

I always wondered why CRJ or ERJ's weren't getting used for some routes in the cargo world. Maybe because they have been too new and expensive.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back