• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Strike?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAAhhhh, so much perspective and less than a year on property... but hey, only a month or two left...

I think the problems here at UPS are a little more complicated than that. Sure, there are always a few pilots who want everything for nothing, but from my perspective (5 years wearing brown) UPS has earned its reputation. For every case you cite with a guy who wants something for nothing, I can give you 10 cases where the company has completely screwed the pooch or made a wrong decision and screwed someone...

BBB posts are usually funny, BUT...he talks about being screwed now. And, no doubt, some of our bros in brown are getting screwed, but he ain't one of them. I won't dig them up, but there are several posts on here by BBB bout him sitting Reserve and simply not flying. He brags about not flying and still getting paid, and then tries to say he's getting hosed by scheduling. Yes, UPS and FDX need new contracts, but let's not be martyrs.

UPS is a trucking company that owns airplanes, where Fedex is an company that is centered around the airline. UPS promotes almost everyone from within so you have some ex feeder driver making airline decisions with no clue how to operate an airline. To think how much money UPS COULD make if they spent half the amount of time on fighting new contracts with their labor groups instead of running an airline. I guess we will never know.

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
AAAhhhh, so much perspective and less than a year on property... but hey, only a month or two left...

I think the problems here at UPS are a little more complicated than that. Sure, there are always a few pilots who want everything for nothing, but from my perspective (5 years wearing brown) UPS has earned its reputation. For every case you cite with a guy who wants something for nothing, I can give you 10 cases where the company has completely screwed the pooch or made a wrong decision and screwed someone...

Awww, come on, I have friends that have been here a while. I know how it is here. Give me a break, I am just tired of other new hires who put their app. in on a Friday, got the call on Monday b!tching about everything under the sun when they themselves have been here less than a year. It kind of gets old. My comment was seriously directed more at newer guys here not old timers. I seriously have heard more b!tching from new hires junior to me than anyone senior to me. I guess I should have been more clear.

Last edited:
capt. megadeth said:
Awww, come on, I have friends that have been here a while. I know how it is here. Give me a break, I am just tired of other new hires who put their app. in on a Friday, got the call on Monday b!tching about everything under the sun when they themselves have been here less than a year. It kind of gets old. My comment was seriously directed more at newer guys here not old timers. I seriously have heard more b!tching from new hires junior to me than anyone senior to me. I guess I should have been more clear.

Mega--Was that comment directed at me!!?? Is that also why you don't return any calls? I'm still waiting on all the bad treatment to start from Mgt. I thought initial training was great and I have been treated well by everyone. UPS may be a little spartan, but it beats the hell out of the active duty USAF and sleeping in rat infested tents in the desert. That being said, when everyone is saying the same thing, it's usually true. Every single UPS pilot I have met that's been here longer than 2 years says the same thing about the company and mgt. I can be bought though. Pay me well and you can paint the ASC whatever color you want.

Big Beer Belly said:
Oh mega ... I think your awakening will occur in another few years of working for these "swell" guys. Trust me, there will be a time in the middle of the night where you'll be dead tired, get the reschedule from hell (because the other crew nearly DIED flying the mess!), sent into less than min rest, the scheduler will laughingly tell you to, "Fly it and grieve it", and you'll grit your teeth and salivate over the "opportunity" to share your pent up goodwill with the company! :uzi:

I've felt it and seen it in many. You will (unfortunately) also ... just give it time. Thankfully, it passes though. :)

BBB

A friend I flew with at Andrews AFB is a 747 Captain at UPS. He says fundamentally the same thing. It was interesting watching his transition over time from Team Player, Company Man, Workaholic to his current mindset.

GV

You'd be better off under THIS current contract than the crap the EB/NC are getting ready to shovel on us.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back