• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

UPS SDF Feed?

Boris Badenov

Total Time
~4000
So, other than Ameriflight and ACC, who hauls the little boxes out of SDF for Brown?

Bonus question: Who has (if there is such a thing) the Fed check hauling contracts for SDF/JVY/LOU?

Thanks,
Boris

Way2Broke

Total Time
I think IFL is hauling "little boxes" in and out of SDF. I think most people would consider a DA-20 a little box carrier.

100-1/2

OVER-N-DUN!
Total Time
lifer
FRB work goes by car to CVG and gets on an MU2 to BKL now that CVG is Closed.

I'll take the brunette and the case of Capt Morgan behind door number 2, Alex.

100-1/2

jdlilfan

Total Time
700ish
For LOU, Northeast Aviation might fly checks but other than that everything else is medical samples. Lab Corp, Labquest, etc...

I am pretty sure JVY doesn't have any scheduled 135 freight. Just on demand stuff.

I'm in LOU a lot more than JVY these days but when I trained at JVY years ago it was just cherry air, skyway, the people with the Hansa Jets?, and a few other DA20 operators stopping by.

Doesn't Planemasters go into SDF for UPS?

Way2Broke

Total Time
Cherry lost the UPS flying and IFL picked it up.

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
jdlilfan said:
I am pretty sure JVY doesn't have any scheduled 135 freight. Just on demand stuff.

Central Air Southwest does a MDW run every weeknight out of JVY.

Boris Badenov

Total Time
~4000
Thanks for the info. I'm actually going to be flying that mu2 from cvg-bkl in a few weeks while that guy goes on vacation. Looks like that's as close as I'm getting to the homeland for now...

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
Bonus question: Who has (if there is such a thing) the Fed check hauling contracts for SDF/JVY/LOU?

Thanks,
Boris

:confused: Huh? It takes less than 15 minutes to drive from SDF to LOU.

SDF or LOU to JVY takes 20 minutes in no traffic and 25 in heavy traffic.

Boris Badenov

Total Time
~4000
uh yeah I meant the contracts for hauling the checks from Louisville to whatever processing center they use. If you read above, it turns out they're trucked to CVG, then flown to BKL by some lucky guy.

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
waka said:
SDF or LOU to JVY takes 20 minutes in no traffic and 25 in heavy traffic.

...unless there's an accident in hospital curve or the Kennedy bridge is jacked, in which case it takes at least double that amount.