• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does UPS just require a First Class Medical like Fed Ex or do they also conduct their own physical as part of the application process?

Does UPS just require a First Class Medical like Fed Ex or do they also conduct their own physical as part of the application process?

Dropped the SDF medical requirement after about 01Nov06. Now, they'll have you go to your local doc and take a 'whiz quiz.' That's it...

I think they need to empty the pool first. Then interview more.
And yes I was in the pool for a long, long time. Still hate the thing and I always will. Had an HR person ask me what I did not like about UPS. I told that person the POOL!! I was told to get over it. Sorry, but I can't because I know what the people in the pool are going through.

Thanks Learboy, I too am floating since June.

Feel like I am in limbo, and I am getting twichy from jumping everytime the phone rings.

I know I am lucky to be in the pool, but, it just sucks that experienced professionals are treated this way.

And if another friend, coworker, neighbor, etc asks "have you heard from UPS yet?" I am going to go postal (or maybe parcel)!

Thanks Learboy, I too am floating since June.

Feel like I am in limbo, and I am getting twichy from jumping everytime the phone rings.

I know I am lucky to be in the pool, but, it just sucks that experienced professionals are treated this way.

And if another friend, coworker, neighbor, etc asks "have you heard from UPS yet?" I am going to go postal (or maybe parcel)!
Johnny - there's a new job fair that UPS is supposed to attend. Maybe bring your sponsor and try to see them there? Just a thought...http://www.fltops.com/jobs

Lear, how's MIA treating you? Are you staying in MIA? I'm bidding MD...Cy.

Ups?

Anyone have any info about the Oct 15 class? Anyone get the call?
Know when the next class is after that?

thanks in advance

NGT

I've been swimming in the pool since July and have no clue when to expect a call. I've seen posts from guys with 16000 hours and type rated in everything UPS flys, get a class date within 2 weeks of an interview. I also know a guy who interviewed in late August-September timeframe and was offered an October classdate. This guys has lots of hours and AF instructor/evaluator time as well as being an exceptionally cool guy to boot. That's great for them and I'm not "player hating" by any means, as those guys should arguably be given a break, but if lots of guys with those backgrounds are applying, I'm not sure where that puts the "good enoughs" in terms of an expected class date. I guess you just have to keep being patient as several UPS buddies of mine tell me.

Johnny - there's a new job fair that UPS is supposed to attend. Maybe bring your sponsor and try to see them there? Just a thought...http://www.fltops.com/jobs

Lear, how's MIA treating you? Are you staying in MIA? I'm bidding MD...Cy.

MIA is treating me great. No problems at all. The base is great, the people are better. And the thongs on South Beach......Need I say anything about that? Yum yum!!!

How is it on your neck of the woods??

How is it on your neck of the woods?? ...
ONT is awesome! Bunch of great folks and trips are pretty good too. However, Pacrim is pretty senior unless you want to take a gamble on bidding VTO lines (for non-brownies – VTO are “leftover lines” - dropped trips for vacation and training which are made into hard lines for junior guys) which is why I'm bidding MD out of SDF.

2008 Hiring?

Anyone hear any info. on hiring for 2008?

I heard a rumor of no hiring in '08 or at least no hiring until summer '08. It was posted on the other forum (APC) so it must be true, LOL.

If anyone goes to the job fair in DFW please ask, us poolies wait..... and wait ......

Swimming

Latest resources

Back