• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS pilots refuse to haul Northwest Airlines struck goods

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutly great news! I hope us purple dudes can stand up and do the same.

I do have to ask however, how do the pilots know what the heck is being loaded on the plane and where it came from? Unless it had NorthWest pasted all over the containers I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know if NW freight was being loaded on my purple jet. If NW cut a deal with the UPS management to haul their freight would UPS not try to paint it brown, so to speak, to minimize questions? Just wondering out loud.:confused:

Nice way to show UPS management who's boss, but there is plenty of lift out there, anyone can find someone to move something anywhere through 3rd party internet charter. If UPS won't haul the box someone else. In fact a 3rd party broker could ship NWA stuff on UPS and no one would know. I saw this during the 2002 West coast dock strike, all kinds of stuff coming from and going overseas on everything from US to Russian cargo airplanes.

Good for UPS! Way to go and great forward thinking on your part to have that statement in your CONTRACT...hint, hint!

What I absolutely LOVE is that the UPS Union had the backbone to come out and make a PUBLIC announcement to the media to be televised, printed and distrubuted across the net on where they stand...labor group v. management! Now that was awesome. What we know and what the general public knows are two different things and the mere perception there could be a strike will start to cripple management and their business.

Stay strong and unified! Hopefully this will be the start of an upswing for the industry.

Purple: When you "cripple management and their business" what happens to the employess when the company goes into BK?

UPS would probably like to see NWA go down the tubes as NWA has significant freight lift on the Pacific. One less airline to worry about if NWA were to be so badly crippled that lost market share to other, i.e., FedEx and UPS. Might be all wrong, but just a wild guess as to motives.

What about the PAX?

Isn't hauling a NWA PAX carrying struck goods? Why are the PAX carriers not saying the same thing?

I agree that there are motives other than just showing support for the AMFA. This is grandstanding and posturing at it's finest. I mean, look at how many "attaboys" it garnered on this forum alone. UPS pilots have their own best interests at heart, and certainly not those of the AMFA.

TAZ MAN said:
What about the PAX?

Isn't hauling a NWA PAX carrying struck goods? Why are the PAX carriers not saying the same thing?

Then I guess you need to make sure that every passenger you ever carry was not re-booked at some point from a NWA flight.:rolleyes:

Yank McCobb said:
I agree that there are motives other than just showing support for the AMFA. This is grandstanding and posturing at it's finest. I mean, look at how many "attaboys" it garnered on this forum alone. UPS pilots have their own best interests at heart, and certainly not those of the AMFA.

Another good point.

Latest resources

Back