• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ups Paid Move To Anc (need Info)??????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lowpayisgreat is Biggs on APC. The info he is trying to spread is not true. Newhires at UPS will receive paid moves to and from ANC and $1500/month extra if they agree to stay in ANC for 3 years. For some reason he enjoys the attention acquired from stirring the pot. Don't believe anything he says.

LJS,

I think you are wrong. I have dissected that LOA and believe that only seniority crew members receive the move to and from. New hires only get the move to and the $1500 a month commencing at IOE through the end of probation. I believe the package title is based on when you sign the agreement. So if a "seniority pilot" i.e. not a probationary dude, signs the contract he/she is entitled to both moves, but no money. If a "new hire" signs the contract he/she does get the money, but only 1 move to ANC. I'm not a lawyer, but I've been reading that LOA a lot lately trying to decide what to do.

We should also quit jumping on each others backs. He was just trying to get an answer to a rather confusing question.

LJS,

I think you are wrong. I have dissected that LOA and believe that only seniority crew members receive the move to and from. New hires only get the move to and the $1500 a month commencing at IOE through the end of probation. I believe the package title is based on when you sign the agreement. So if a "seniority pilot" i.e. not a probationary dude, signs the contract he/she is entitled to both moves, but no money. If a "new hire" signs the contract he/she does get the money, but only 1 move to ANC. I'm not a lawyer, but I've been reading that LOA a lot lately trying to decide what to do.

We should also quit jumping on each others backs. He was just trying to get an answer to a rather confusing question.

Wow, a voice of reason on FI. There obviously is some confusion between what some folks in the IPA are saying.

FWIW I was a 2d year FE when the contract was ratified. The Union told us that although we were pay protected as FOs that we would not get the FO ratification bonus and would get the FE bonus instead. That was a difference of 8k. When the deposit was made all the folks in my position received the FO bonus. My point is that I think it is possible that some wrong answers are being given. Remember the ANC LOA was done with only 3/5 from the EB involved.

If the move is not a 2 way deal, I think a newhire would be crazy to sign the agreement, especially if they are a mil reserve/guard. Oh well, it does not impact me so I'll quit talking about it. I am surprised that a guy getting ready to start class is on here calling people a-holes though.:angryfire

Explain this please (the reserve/guard part). Thanx.

Let's suppose Maj Moose is a C-17 Reservist at CHS. He applies and gets hired at UPS. UPS loves his experience with McDon-Doug and decides to put him in the MD-11 at ANC. Maj Moose becomes First Officer Moose and goes to 8 weeks of training in SDF and then completes IOE. The first bid period after IOE, FO Moose strategically drops half his line so as to only have one commute a month to ANC and so Maj Moose can fulfill his military obligations.

You make more as an O-4 in the USAFR than you will as a probie at UPS. You can drop half your line for mil leave and still get credit for probation, insurance, and sick time accrual. Assuming hiring continues you may be able to bid back to SDF a year or so after being hired. Worst case I think you could hold ONT or MIA in your 2d year, which has to be an easier commute than ANC. If you sign an agreement which evidently only pays to move you up there you'd be stuck paying 15-20k to move yourself back from ANC.

Then again you could move to ANC and joing the C-17 unit at Elmendorf.

Last edited:
thanks for wasting space, if you don't have a real answer the get the f of the thread. Dumbass

Dude was in my new hire class at SWA... Thank God he's wearing Brown... Always looking for an angle. BEWARE. Good Luck, hauling boxes & living in up NORTH. All of us are thankful to move up one more number!!

And this coming from a guy who is retired active duty. Gov tit sucker you know these guys are the best. Good luck in the passenger industy. What you see if what coming down the road

Latest resources

Back