• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS or FEDX Simulator Instructor Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UPS uses line pilots, so you would have to get hired as a pilot, then get about 400 hours to be considered.

A few years ago, a CMR CA got hired as a FedEx sim instructor without being a line pilot. After three years he gets a pilot seniority number.

Still, I think it would be easier to get hired as a line pilot, and that ain't exactly easy.

A few years ago, a CMR CA got hired as a FedEx sim instructor without being a line pilot. After three years he gets a pilot seniority number.

Still, I think it would be easier to get hired as a line pilot, and that ain't exactly easy.

Especially if you come from a civilian background.

Maddog,
FedEx has both line pilots and professionals working as simulator instructors. I just talked to a friend of mine today who's a pro, and the application process for professional instructors is to apply for a vacancy through the FedEx job finder (google it for the link).

As far as moving from professional instructor to line pilot, it depends upon the contract they hire you under -- some instructors have been guaranteed line jobs after three years, some have been hired as permanent instructors only, and everything in between.

Finally, disregard inline's comment about needing a military background -- if you search his post history you'll see he has some problem with FedEx's policy regarding hiring military veterans. All of the professional instructors I've dealt with have had pure civilian backgrounds.

Good luck in your job hunt,

Z

Latest resources

Back