UPS or FEDX Simulator Instructor Jobs

Mad Dog 80

Total Time
6000+
Does anybody have any info on how to get on with UPS or FEDX as a Simulator Instructor?

Bob Dylan

Total Time
UPS uses line pilots, so you would have to get hired as a pilot, then get about 400 hours to be considered.

captainv

Total Time
A few years ago, a CMR CA got hired as a FedEx sim instructor without being a line pilot. After three years he gets a pilot seniority number.

Still, I think it would be easier to get hired as a line pilot, and that ain't exactly easy.

inline

Total Time
19000+
A few years ago, a CMR CA got hired as a FedEx sim instructor without being a line pilot. After three years he gets a pilot seniority number.

Still, I think it would be easier to get hired as a line pilot, and that ain't exactly easy.

Especially if you come from a civilian background.

Mad Dog 80

Total Time
6000+
Thanks Bob Dylan for the information on UPS. I need info on FEDX.

Zulu

Total Time
Maddog,
FedEx has both line pilots and professionals working as simulator instructors. I just talked to a friend of mine today who's a pro, and the application process for professional instructors is to apply for a vacancy through the FedEx job finder (google it for the link).

As far as moving from professional instructor to line pilot, it depends upon the contract they hire you under -- some instructors have been guaranteed line jobs after three years, some have been hired as permanent instructors only, and everything in between.

Finally, disregard inline's comment about needing a military background -- if you search his post history you'll see he has some problem with FedEx's policy regarding hiring military veterans. All of the professional instructors I've dealt with have had pure civilian backgrounds.

Good luck in your job hunt,

Z

Mad Dog 80

Total Time
6000+
Thanks Zulu for the info on FedEx and thanks to all who commented on my thread