Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More info please...

FlyingFree said:
Can any one that currently flys for UPS give some insight to what the flying is really like at UPS if one was to commute. I have opportunities with both airlines. I am very familiar with the passenger side but was curious what it is like to be a commuter for UPS and maintain some sort of family life.

Can't possibly answer this one without more info....what domicile has UPS hired you into, and where do you live? We have plenty of commuters, though most seem to end up living in domicile eventually. I don't know what your "opportunities" are, but if you have a job offer, I'm guessing you had the rec of a pilot that could tell you exactly what commuting would be like for you from where you live. Without that info, I can't help. I agree with a previous post though, that you may end up based in ANC. It went very junior on our last bid, and that is not somewhere I would try and commute to on UPS.

Last edited:
In comparing it to my previous UAL life I enjoyed commuting at UPS more. I never thought i would want to be on the road for six days, but the 8 days off is very nice. At Ual all I ever seamed to be doing was commuting one way or the other.

The TA, if it pases, does not have you phone available until midnight, so you might be able to commute into base the 1st day of availability.

If you get ANC, you will be one of the 1st and can educate the rest.

good luck

r

GuppyKiller said:
Not just my sentiments, it's a fact! CAL will have to cave on scope in order to get things they want in their next contract, like more money and keep thier precious pension.

Good luck with that. CAL pilots will be happy to fly those precious EMB 170/90/95s.

No Flame please

Dont read too much into what guppy killer is saying You're better off going to UPS sure Continental is good but god forbid there could be a 1001 9/11's but you still want your package overnight.

ps

CO will never let RAH fly 170's or 190's besides the probem with a CHQ or a Mesa is that the flying we do isnt ours and never will be ours. If Delta, AA, or whoever wants to takes its flying back it CAN and WILL just ask ACA and Air Wisc (No disrespect intended).
just my two cents.

Holla

Hey Guppy,

Would you really retire at CHQ in the EMB ? You obviously are new to the industry. In prison they would call you a "Fish". Thats the dude that gets raped all the time. You obviously have'nt been raped yet by the regionals.

FlyingFree said:
Can any one that currently flys for UPS give some insight to what the flying is really like at UPS if one was to commute. I have opportunities with both airlines. I am very familiar with the passenger side but was curious what it is like to be a commuter for UPS and maintain some sort of family life.

1) You are gloating because you may be able to work for one of them and have to let everybody know about it.

2) You just know the local UPS guy who delivers the CO2 penis pump refill and think you have an in with the company. And you flew on Continental to get to your Holiday Inn Express.

3) You are one of those clueless guys who shows up at the interview and asks what kind of planes they fly.

My point is, if you are at this point of your career and don't know about pay or job security, I cringe at somebody like you just falling into the "choice" that presents itself.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back