• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS ONT Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long does it take to get ONT. Also does ONT have any out and backs or 2 day trips? If so what percent of the lines do they consist of. Thanks.

A week at UPS is really five or six days, which often include positioning and depositioning duty.

ONT has turns to RFD, DFW, and SDF, which go junior. Maybe only 5% of the lines are turns but it seems like there are always turns in open time, so you could trade for them if that's what you like. There are also two day trips but you won't find trips like that in an entire line. They are used as stuffers to increase line credit more towards our guarantee. Again, short trips are often in open time cause commuters don't like them. If you liked them, for some reason, I'm sure you could trade into them.

ONT, though it's a more senior base, doesn't seem to me that hard to get into these days with all the hiring. In the past, it WAS hard to get into but now I can't see it taking more than a year and even the occasional new hire gets ONT.

Boogie said:
I heard that the announcement of the jumbo bird is out of the bag come Tuesday. Any UPS guys that can confirm this?

Still waiting to find out the "BIG" announcment.............................:confused:

psysicx said:
Why would a turn line be so junior? You would think that people would like to be home everyday?

People who want to be home everyday bid reserve. They play the reserve game and hope not to get called out.

That makes sense but I would rather know if I was going to fly rather then hope I wasn't. What times do these turns takeoff and land?

Turns suck big time for commuters. If your local, bidding reserve is a better deal. Knowing your gonna fly vs hoping your not gonna fly? That's why locals bid reserve.....

ONT-SDF blocks at out at 2003 and in at 0505. ONT-DFW is out at 2022 and in at 0310.

Latest resources

Back